News

The Alexandria Police and Fire Departments responded to two rollover crashes over the weekend, according to radio dispatches.

No injuries were reported in both crashes, which occurred early Friday night (April 3) on W. Glebe Road in Arlandria and Sunday morning (April 5) on Richmond Highway near the Potomac Yard Shopping Center.


News

A 28-year-old D.C. man is being held without bond after allegedly breaking into a food truck parked at a storage facility on Eisenhower Avenue last month, according to a recently-released Alexandria Police search warrant affidavit.

The suspect has been held without bond since his arrest in the early morning hours of Monday, March 2. Just before midnight, the Alexandria Police Department responded to a storage facility in the 4900 block of Eisenhower Avenue for a larceny from a vehicle call. The victim told police he could see someone in a construction vest inside his food truck on a surveillance camera, according to the search warrant affidavit.


News

Nearly half a million dollars was stolen from an Alexandria man in a cryptocurrency scam from a person he met on Tinder, according to a recently released search warrant affidavit.

On Jan. 28, the victim reported to the Alexandria Police Department that he had been scammed out of approximately $480,000 of his own money.


News

Alexandria Police Chief Tarrick McGuire received praise from City Council Tuesday night for a 30% overall crime reduction in 2025.

In a presentation to City Council, McGuire said that violent crime went down an average of 29%, a difference of 111 offenses. Overall property crime was down by an average of 30%, a difference of more than 1,300 offenses.


News

A Fairfax County man has been sentenced to one year in the city jail for the assaults of two women near Alexandria Metro stations last year, according to the Alexandria Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office.

Alexandria Circuit Court Judge Lisa Kemler sentenced 36-year-old Jeffrey Gary on Friday (March 20) to 10 years in jail, with all but one year suspended. Gary previously pleaded guilty to two felony counts of abduction and one misdemeanor count of sexual battery for the assaults of two women outside the Braddock Road and Potomac Yard Metro stations on May 30, 2025. Commonwealth’s Attorney Bryan Porter had pushed for a five-year active sentence and was disappointed in Kemler’s decision.


News

A 22-year-old Woodbridge man faces a felony charge for a drive-by shooting in the Arlandria neighborhood, according to an Alexandria Police Department affidavit.

Reinaldo Reyes Bustillo has been held without bond since his arrest on the same day as the incident (Sunday, Feb. 22). The victim told police that he got into a fight with Reyes Bustillo outside a nightclub in Herndon, and afterward returned to Alexandria with three friends in a black Tesla.


News

A Maryland man charged with threatening Alexandria judges and Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office staffers allegedly compared himself to Luigi Mangione — the man charged with the 2024 killing of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson — according to an Alexandria Police Department search warrant affidavit.

Lindolfo Pedraza has been held without bond since his Jan. 28 arrest at home in Allegany County, Md., and his case will head to a jury trial on Monday, April 13. The 53-year-old is accused of going to a judge’s home and sending threatening emails to two judges and deputy commonwealth’s attorneys involved in a 2021 case in which he lost custody of his son, according to the recently released search warrant affidavit.


News

Alexandria Police are seeking a suspect in a Tuesday, March 10 assault of a woman around Tarleton Park in the West End.

Police confirmed to ALXnow that officers responded to the assault in the 4400 block of Vermont Avenue around 12 p.m. on March 10. According to scanner traffic, the victim reported she was walking home when a man pulled her pants down. The caller told police the suspect exposed himself.


News

An 18-year-old from Silver Spring, Md., was arrested yesterday (Wednesday) for allegedly brandishing a handgun in Alexandria’s Carlyle neighborhood, according to the Alexandria Police Department.

No one was seriously injured during the incident, which occurred in the 800 block of John Carlyle Street around 7:40 p.m. Wednesday. The victim told police that he did not know the suspect, who had pulled out a handgun and cocked it, according to an APD radio dispatch.


News

An Alexandria grand jury indicted a former D.C. police officer on more than two dozen felony charges today (Monday) related to a series of sexual assaults in Alexandria last year.

Timothy Valentin, 30, of Fort Washington, Md., is currently accused of multiple sexual assaults in Alexandria and Maryland that occurred between 2024 and 2025. The suspect, an officer with the Metropolitan Police Department until 2022, faces new charges including rape by force, rape by incapacitation and abduction with intent to defile in connection to three cases in Alexandria last year.


News

Alexandria City Public Schools saw a 40% reduction in the number of incidents requiring a police response during the first two quarters of this school year compared to last year, according to a school safety report recently presented to the Alexandria City School Board.

During the first semester this year, ACPS reported 167 total incidents requiring a police response across the school system and 27 student referrals or arrests. The recent incident count represents a 40% drop from the first semester last school year, which saw 279 reported incidents.


View More Stories