Good Monday morning, Alexandria!
☀️ Today’s weather: Expect a sunny day with a high near 51 degrees and a moderate northeast wind at 6 mph. As night falls, the sky will remain clear, and temperatures will drop to a low of about 28 degrees, accompanied by a north wind at 6 mph.
🚨 You need to know
Linebacker Oren Burks was born in Alexandria in 1995 but went to High School in Lorton. Burks played for the Green Bay Packers before being traded to the 49ers in 2022.
Burks is no. 48 on the field for those who want to keep an eye out. The Super Bowl is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
Image via San Francisco 49ers/Facebook
📈 Friday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Feb 2, 2024.
- VDOT unveils transportation plans for new Potomac Yard arena (4020 views)
- Alexandria’s Part 1 crime jumped more than 30% in 2023 (1375 views)
- ALXnow’s top stories this week in Alexandria (1215 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- For 24 Hours and10th Year, Alexandria’s Pat Malone Will Stand Up to Cancer
Zebra (Sunday @ 3:39 pm)
- Ebbin Sponsors Animal Cruelty Bill Motivated by 2 Incidents in Alexandria Last Year
Zebra (Sunday @ 12:00 pm)
- Alexandria-Born NFL Player in Super Bowl Next Week
Zebra (Sunday @ 10:02 am)
- 2 Virginia HS Grads To Play In Super Bowl 58: List
Patch (Friday @ 4:35 pm)
- VA Animal Cruelty Bill Motivated By Alexandria Offenses Progresses
Patch (Friday @ 1:37 pm)
- City of Alexandria, VDOT, and Monumental Unveil Transportation Plan for Arena Development
Zebra (Friday @ 1:25 pm)
- Potomac Yard Arena Transportation Plan: Up To $215M In Funding Needed
Patch (Friday @ 10:41 am)
- Officials Announce Transportation Plans for Proposed Arena
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 8:16 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.