It’s been a busy week in Alexandria.
Just days after Alexandria’s City Council voted unanimously to ditch single-family-only zoning, Mayor Justin Wilson announced that he would not be running for reelection next year. Though no candidates have officially thrown their hat into the ring to replace Wilson, a fight for the spot is inevitable ahead of the Democratic primary next year and the general election next November.
The most-read stories this week were:
- JUST IN: Alexandria City Council ends single-family-only-zoning (18773 views)
- Plans unveiled for new ‘Kings Row’ development near King Street Metro station (8170 views)
- Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority warns low-income residents of felony arrest for wearing ski masks (7637 views)
- Alexandria police investigating dead woman found in car at West End gas station (7342 views)
- Alexandria resident robbed at gunpoint and beaten in D.C. this weekend (6294 views)
- Here’s your guide to Alexandria’s Scottish Christmas Walk this weekend (4997 views)
- City celebrates new dawn for a hidden gem of the West End (4521 views)
- Man robbed by gang in broad daylight on Yoakum Parkway in Alexandria’s West End (4276 views)
- New residential development near Founders Park headed to Planning Commission review next week (3009 views)
- French and Italian boutique opening on King Street in March (2908 views)
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.