It’s been a busy week in Alexandria.
Alexandria’s Zoning for Housing/Housing for All discussion is coming to a head, with the policy proposal entering the home stretch before final review at a City Council meeting later this month.
The city also grappled with several crimes this week, most notably the city’s seventh homicide. Emmanuel Negatu, 38, of Centreville, was fatally stabbed in a Del Ray church on Sunday. One suspect, Bisrat Shaga, was arrested and will head to court on Dec. 19.
The most-read stories this week were:
- BREAKING: Man stabbed to death in Del Ray, suspect arrested (32571 views)
- BREAKING: Suspect identified in fatal Del Ray church stabbing on Sunday (10256 views)
- Police investigating robbery at the Bradlee Shopping Center (8797 views)
- Alexandria City Public Schools accidentally shares private student information in newsletter (7494 views)
- Royal Restaurant in Old Town North converting parking to outdoor seating (6524 views)
- New code change could allow Alexandria to crack down on crosswalk infractions (6118 views)
- Alexandria hosting community meeting tonight on plans to reshape the West End (4756 views)
- Alexandria School Board member Willie Bailey resigns (4200 views)
- Police: Suspects in stolen car elude police by driving into Maryland (4161 views)
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in West End fistfight (4054 views)
French and Italian tableware and home goods boutique Crème de la Crème will open at 907 King Street in March. The Middleburg-based retailer recently signed a five-year lease with building…
Alexandrians who have been trying to flood-proof their homes should find it a little easier to get city funding. Alexandria’s Flood Mitigation Grant Program received an update in October that…
Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria! ☀️ Today’s weather: Expect a mostly sunny day, with temperatures reaching a high of around 38 degrees. The northwest wind will be ranging from 6 to…
Santa Claus will don a kilt and bagpipes this weekend for the Scottish Christmas Walk in Old Town. Here’s what you need to know about the annual event. Congressman Don…
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical