Good Friday morning, Alexandria!
🌤️ Today’s weather: Expect patchy fog to clear by 9am, giving way to partly sunny skies and a high near 69. Southerly wind speeds range from 5 to 11 mph and may gust up to 20 mph. Friday night brings a slight chance of showers and mostly cloudy conditions, with a low around 52. Winds will slow to around 6 mph, becoming light and variable. Precipitation chances stand at 20%.
🚨 You need to know
Lost Boy Cider is hosting a vintage market tomorrow (Saturday) with a cider bar, food trucks, live jazz music and more.
The event is called Vintage Affair and runs from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Canal Center Plaza.
According to a release:
Join over 30+ DMV vintage and vintage-inspired vendors for a day full of shopping and community. Get your holiday gifts early! Enjoy live jazz music from DC-based Swingology. Lost Boy will have their mobile cider bar available for purchase to sip ‘n shop! Food vendors will be on site. Dogs are allowed! Underground parking for $5 or pay to park on the street. Rain or shine!
📈 Thursday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Nov 16, 2023.
- Police: Suspects in stolen car elude police by driving into Maryland (4682 views)
- What’s Up in Alexandria This Weekend: November 17 – 19 (1047 views)
- Freedom House restoration project raises eyebrows with possible ‘Dealers in Slaves’ sign (1017 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Here’s When To Expect Most Thanksgiving Traffic In Northern VA, DC
Patch (Thursday @ 8:31 pm)
- A triumphant return to the Folger
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:59 pm)
- City Hall Watch with Bill Rossello: Contempt for the longtime resident
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:50 pm)
- Many questions, few answers in ZFH
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:47 pm)
- Planning Commission shows disdain for residents
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:45 pm)
- Historic Alexandria Foundation opposes ZFH
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:43 pm)
- History will repeat itself
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:41 pm)
- An Alexandria treasure
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:39 pm)
- Dozens show support, opposition to incoming Zoning for Housing vote
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 6:18 pm)
- Crime Roundup: Week of Nov. 16, 2023
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 5:31 pm)
- Alexandria Turkey Trot Returns To Del Ray Neighborhood In 2023
Patch (Thursday @ 4:19 pm)
- Alexandria Choral Society Performing Dec. 9 at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Zebra (Thursday @ 3:08 pm)
- Alexandria Earns Third Straight Perfect Score on Municipal Equity Index
Zebra (Thursday @ 1:15 pm)
- Royal Restaurant To Be Overseen By Matt And Tony’s Owner
Patch (Thursday @ 10:39 am)
- Singularly Spectacular
Alexandria Living (Thursday @ 9:32 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today and this weekend in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- 5:00 pm Friday: Ice & Lights: The Winter Village at Cameron Run
- 7:30 pm Friday: The Dead Sea Squirrels at the Lyceum
- 8:00 am Saturday: 19th Annual St Rita 5K & Fun Run for Education
- 8:15 am Saturday: Nepenthe Gallery’s 2nd Annual Turkey Trot
- 👉 9:30 am Saturday: Holiday Shop
- 9:30 am Saturday: Common Interest Communities Education Series: Membership Meetings
- 11:00 am Saturday: A Vintage Affair on the Plaza
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. Just days after Alexandria’s City Council voted unanimously to ditch single-family-only zoning, Mayor Justin Wilson announced that he would not be running for…
The days of digging through archives by address to find a historical report on a building in Alexandria could, themselves, be a thing of the past. Anyone can now easily…
Friends of Guest House needs pajamas and cozy socks for their female residents who are transitioning back to the community from prison. Realtor Maureen Clyne started the annual effort four years ago…
A 4 BD/2.5 BA home with a gas fireplace, patio and a large landscaped yard is included in Just Listed.
Get ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll with this one-of-a-kind, high-octane rockabilly concert experience! Rockabilly Rumble is the all-new, musical experience celebrating the southern rock music that exploded on the scene in the 1950s. Organized by Alexandria City High School Alum and pro-musician Sam C. Jones, this band of world-class performers will have you dancing in your Blue Suede Shoes all night long with songs made famous by Bo Ridley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and more. Relive their most popular hits, along with some forgotten gems. “Rockabilly Rumble” is a dance-worthy, foot stomping evening you’ll never forget!
This show is 21+ only.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL ID. A PICTURE OF YOUR ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26