Good Thursday morning, Alexandria!
🌤️ Today’s weather: The forecast for Thursday includes partly sunny skies with a high temperature near 78°F, and a calm wind that will gradually increase to 5 to 9 mph from the southeast by morning. Moving into Thursday night, expect mostly cloudy conditions and a low temperature around 64°F, accompanied by a southeast wind at approximately 6 mph.
🚨 You need to know
Fall is here and Patch has published its annual guide to those looking to go pumpkin picking.
Along with a series of tips and tricks on resources for making the perfect jack-o’-lantern, Patch has compiled a list of locations around the region that are open for pumpkin picking.
There are several locations outside of the city, but a few within Alexandria city limits include:
- Immanuel Church-on-the-Hill’s 30th Annual Pumpkin Patch (3606 Seminary Road): Open weekdays from noon to 6-p.m. and weekends/Indigenous Peoples’ Day from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Greenstreet Gardens (1721 West Braddock Road): Open Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
The full list is available at the Patch.
📈 Wednesday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Oct 4, 2023.
🗞 Other local coverage
- Juvenile Pedestrian Struck By Car In Alexandria: Police
Patch (Wednesday @ 4:49 pm)
- Consumption Tax Revenue Hits Record, Visitor Spending Up In Alexandria
Patch (Wednesday @ 4:40 pm)
- Adopt a Pet in Alexandria: Meet Colby, a Terrific Dog for an Active Family
Zebra (Wednesday @ 3:55 pm)
- Alexandria Goes To The Dogs For Paws In The Park 2023
Patch (Wednesday @ 3:41 pm)
- Signature’s King of the Yees is eye-opening insight into Chinese American cultural assimilation through generations
Zebra (Wednesday @ 11:09 am)
- For 102-Year Old Alexandria Woman, Hobbies Don’t Have Age Limit
Patch (Wednesday @ 10:00 am)
- What’s On Stage in the DMV in October
Zebra (Wednesday @ 9:34 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. Just days after Alexandria’s City Council voted unanimously to ditch single-family-only zoning, Mayor Justin Wilson announced that he would not be running for…
The days of digging through archives by address to find a historical report on a building in Alexandria could, themselves, be a thing of the past. Anyone can now easily…
Friends of Guest House needs pajamas and cozy socks for their female residents who are transitioning back to the community from prison. Realtor Maureen Clyne started the annual effort four years ago…
A 4 BD/2.5 BA home with a gas fireplace, patio and a large landscaped yard is included in Just Listed.
Get ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll with this one-of-a-kind, high-octane rockabilly concert experience! Rockabilly Rumble is the all-new, musical experience celebrating the southern rock music that exploded on the scene in the 1950s. Organized by Alexandria City High School Alum and pro-musician Sam C. Jones, this band of world-class performers will have you dancing in your Blue Suede Shoes all night long with songs made famous by Bo Ridley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and more. Relive their most popular hits, along with some forgotten gems. “Rockabilly Rumble” is a dance-worthy, foot stomping evening you’ll never forget!
This show is 21+ only.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL ID. A PICTURE OF YOUR ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26