It’s been another week bookended with violence in Alexandria’s West End.
On Saturday, a man was shot in the Landmark area during a suspected carjacking. The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Friday morning, there were multiple shots fired incidents across the West End. There were no injuries after the shooting reported at the 4300 block of King Street early this morning, but one victim was left in “serious but stable” condition after an armed robbery around 9:30 a.m.
No arrests have been reported in any of the incidents, nor have updates been provided on any of the investigations.
The most-read stories this week were:
- Parker-Gray homeowner draws ire of BAR with new vinyl windows (12155 views)
- Man dies in crash near Eisenhower Avenue exit on I-495 (6765 views)
- Alexandria likely to throw its weight behind Arlington transit project (5783 views)
- ‘Nightmare on the Avenue’ pop-up bar opening next week in Del Ray (5341 views)
- Notes: Smashburger opening near Alexandria this weekend (4788 views)
- Old Town hair salon appealing after-the-fact exterior paint job to City Council (4565 views)
- Court rules against APD veteran who sued Alexandria to become assistant police chief (2471 views)
- BREAKING: Man shot in Landmark area parking lot (1874 views)
- Alexandria City Public Schools report shows progress in standardized testing (1428 views)
- Notes: Alexandria Gazette headquarters could see conversion into condo development (1415 views)
Alexandrians who have been trying to flood-proof their homes should find it a little easier to get city funding. Alexandria’s Flood Mitigation Grant Program received an update in October that…
Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria! ☀️ Today’s weather: Expect a mostly sunny day, with temperatures reaching a high of around 38 degrees. The northwest wind will be ranging from 6 to…
Santa Claus will don a kilt and bagpipes this weekend for the Scottish Christmas Walk in Old Town. Here’s what you need to know about the annual event. Congressman Don…
A new residential development that created a stir among some Old Town residents is heading to Alexandria’s Planning Commission next week. The new development at 301 N. Fairfax Street —…
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical