Good Friday morning, Alexandria!
☀️ Today’s weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. East wind 5 to 9 mph. At night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. East wind 3 to 7 mph.
🚨 You need to know
Two people, 19-year-old Fredricksburg resident Michael Lazo and 32-year-old Alexandria resident Deshuan Stoney were charged with robbery. The latter was also charged with use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
The press release is below:
On Thursday, May 25, 2023, Alexandria Police Officers responded to a call reporting a commercial robbery in the 3700 block of Mount Vernon Avenue.
The two suspects were identified and arrested later in the day. Mr. Michael Lazo, a 19-year-old resident of Fredericksburg, Va., was arrested and charged with robbery. Mr. Deshaun Stoney, a 32-year-old City of Alexandria resident, was arrested and charged with robbery and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. The firearm suspected of being used in the offense was also seized.
No injuries were sustained in connection with this incident.
The Alexandria Police Department urges anyone who possesses information related to this incident to come forward and assist in the ongoing investigation by reaching out to Detective John Brattelli via phone at (703) 746-6699 or through email at [email protected]. Alternatively, individuals may contact our non-emergency number at (703) 746-4444.
📈 Thursday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for May 25, 2023.
- Potomac River could rise by two feet on Alexandria waterfront by 2050 (2281 views)
- Police responding to robbery at AutoZone in Arlandria | ALXnow (2071 views)
- No arrest after shots fired and blood trail leads into West End hotel (1138 views)
- Alexandria kicking off Pride Month with drag queen storytelling (432 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- 79 Years: Alexandria Honors D-Day Anniversary June 4
Zebra (Thursday @ 5:41 pm)
- Charming Victorian In Old Town Alexandria Has Domed Skylight
Patch (Thursday @ 4:24 pm)
- Poor Robert’s Ruminations with Rob Whittle: Mad Men
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 1:18 pm)
- Worst Times To Travel In NoVA For Memorial Day Weekend 2023
Patch (Thursday @ 1:12 pm)
- Your View: City’s vision of zero cars
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 1:05 pm)
- Your View: Remebering Alexandria’s Hodding Carter
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 1:01 pm)
- Your View: Where’s the soil test?
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:59 pm)
- Our View: An unexpected light
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:55 pm)
- Real Talk: Renovate for returns: Home improvements to consider to increase home value
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:49 pm)
- Through their eyes: A look back at the segregated Johnson Memorial Pool
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:27 pm)
- Tom Hodges named sportsman of the Year
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:20 pm)
- Drug Take Back Day disposal details
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:16 pm)
- Community Valor award announced
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:11 pm)
- EJI awards $5k to ACHS students ALEXANDRIA TIMES
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:06 pm)
- Office of the Arts announced art map
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:02 pm)
- Cultivating kindness in Alexandria
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 11:56 am)
- Arrest made in stolen auto incident
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 11:53 am)
- Win Free Wendy’s for a Year in Alexandria on June 3
Zebra (Thursday @ 11:10 am)
- Life’s a kick on the pitch: ASA Reds launch second season in the semi-pro National Premier Soccer League
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 10:58 am)
- Council hears plan for flood mitigation: Street renaming also considered during legislative meeting
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 10:49 am)
- New Restaurant To Open In Former Columbia Firehouse Location
Patch (Thursday @ 10:16 am)
- Replacement Restaurant For Stomping Ground Opens In Del Ray
Patch (Thursday @ 9:34 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today and this weekend in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- 12:00 pm Saturday: The Patio Concert
After a flurry of activity, the Del Ray Christmas tree is finally at home at Pat Miller Neighborhood Square. The 32-foot-tall Fraser fir was lifted by a crane and installed…
French and Italian tableware and home goods boutique Crème de la Crème will open at 907 King Street in March. The Middleburg-based retailer recently signed a five-year lease with building…
Alexandrians who have been trying to flood-proof their homes should find it a little easier to get city funding. Alexandria’s Flood Mitigation Grant Program received an update in October that…
Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria! ☀️ Today’s weather: Expect a mostly sunny day, with temperatures reaching a high of around 38 degrees. The northwest wind will be ranging from 6 to…
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical