Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria!
⛅ Today’s weather: Showers after 5 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 79.
🌤 Tomorrow: Sunny, with a high near 72.
🚨 You need to know
Alexandria Living Magazine reported that it’s all quiet on the real estate front.
Compared to last April, real estate sales have seen a 33.6% decrease across the region, according to data from the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors — though the April figures are still a slight increase (3.6%) over figures from March.
The market statistics show that the average home sale price has stayed consistent, with a median sale price of $690,000 (only a .7% increase over last year). The median sold price in Alexandria was $622,500, according to Alexandria Living Magazine.
📈 Monday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for May 15, 2023.
- Notes: Police investigating dead body found at Landmark storage facility (934 views)
- Alexandria City Council unanimously endorses energy plan for former power plant in Old Town North (471 views)
- City Council approves modifications to Old Town home with strange architectural history (463 views)
- Poll: Should Alexandria do more to preserve historic buildings? | ALXnow (174 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Luxury Brand Frances Valentine to Open in Alexandria
Alexandria Living (Monday @ 4:14 pm)
- Adopt Cupcake, She’s As Sweet As Her Name
Zebra (Monday @ 3:49 pm)
- Taste Of Del Ray, Fireworks: Alexandria Summer 2023 Events
Patch (Monday @ 3:38 pm)
- Enjoy the Mount Vernon Spring Wine Festival May 19 to 21, Offering Unlimited Samples From VA Wineries
Zebra (Monday @ 2:25 pm)
- Alexandria Women for Good Donates $9,700 to Carpenter’s Shelter
Zebra (Monday @ 12:10 pm)
- Here’s Why Flags Are at Half-Staff in Virginia Today
Zebra (Monday @ 11:17 am)
- Embezzlement From Old Town Alexandria Restaurant Leads To Indictment
Patch (Monday @ 10:25 am)
🐦 Tweets of note
new achievement unlocked: longer to get into achs than to get though tsa pic.twitter.com/Af5pADXvbd
— ilona (@5qu1rtl3) May 15, 2023
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
Like 1799 Prime Steak and Seafood, Hotel AKA (625 First Street) in Old Town North is heading to city review for a permit to dramatically upscale some courtyard seating. The…
Alexandria’s DASH bus network isn’t the only transit agency going through changes: the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority’s Better Bus initiative could impact Alexandria riders. Route 10B runs from Ballston…
More details have been released on the method the former general manager of Hank’s Oyster Bar in Old Town used to allegedly steal $600,000 from the company. The 53-year-old former…
Ask McEnearney discusses home inspection issues and which issues would be a deal breaker.
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
Time flies when you’re having fun! The T.C. Williams High School Class of 1973 will hold its 50th reunion July 21-23, 2023 in Alexandria. All graduates and their adult nears and dears are welcome. Events include a Friday evening icebreaker, Saturday dinner dance, and a Sunday brunch. For more information: tcwilliams73.com, 770.789.3534.
Spring Fling at Rising Sol Yoga School
Join us for a day of FREE hot yoga. Experience our class styles and meet our teachers. Buy a bite at the Bake Sale to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter, peruse some special vendors, take advantage of in-person only discounts on