This week saw several longtime topics of discussion around Alexandria get new updates.
Designs emerged for the planned Inova hospital at the former Landmark Mall development. Demolition on the mall started last May and the project is expected to wrap up in 2028. Plans show development coming into place around the former Landmark site over a few phases.
The week also started with — what else — more trouble with the Metro. WMATA had initially announced that Metro trains would be running every 25 minutes, but walked that back later after the safety advisory group Washington Metrorail Safety Commission granted Metro a stay until Jan. 24 to address issues in a safety directive.
The most-read stories this week were:
- JUST IN: Duke Street shooting suspect was released from jail last year
- New renderings of massive Landmark redevelopment show Inova’s vision for glassy new hospital
- Police investigating ‘person of interest’ after man shot near Holmes Run on Sunday night
- Alexandria leaders watching marijuana retail legislation ‘grow’ with interest
- Alexandria’s COVID-19 Community Level goes back to ‘high’
- Tatte Bakery & Cafe files permit for new King Street location
- Thicker Cloudz smoke shop opens on King Street in Old Town
- Most and least expensive townhouses sold in Alexandria
- Alexandria seeking funding to preserve the oral history of historic black cemetery in Old Town
- New trail highlights Black history across southern Old Town
A 17-year-old was found guilty today for the murder of 18-year-old Luis Mejia Hernandez in the parking lot of the Bradlee Shopping Center. The tragic killing was, however, just part…
The Office of Historic Alexandria is going all out for Juneteenth this year with four events, a storytelling event, and more around the city. Juneteenth, celebrated June 19, marks the…
Age is just a number and this kitty would agree! Nomi is a black senior cat up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria. This elegant girl is…
A 17-year-old former Alexandria City High School student was found guilty Tuesday for last year’s fatal stabbing of 18-year-old Luis Mejia Hernandez in the parking lot of the Bradlee Shopping Center….
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
Time flies when you’re having fun! The T.C. Williams High School Class of 1973 will hold its 50th reunion July 21-23, 2023 in Alexandria. All graduates and their adult nears and dears are welcome. Events include a Friday evening icebreaker, Saturday dinner dance, and a Sunday brunch. For more information: tcwilliams73.com, 770.789.3534.