It’s the first week of 2023 and Alexandria is off to a busy start.
There were some closures as well: EagleBank is shutting down its Alexandria branch (277 S. Washington Street) in March while Deli News & More (1406) shut its doors — with a new deli planned to replace it in March.
- Notes: Alexandria’s guaranteed income program moves forward, payments start next month
- What are some of the big City of Alexandria priorities in 2023?
- Alexandria City Council to consider resolution outlining which flags can be flown and when
- Police: Man with knife commits West End robbery
- Alexandria man arrested after allegedly threatening dad with gun on Facebook Messenger
- Shots fired on Lincolnia Road, no injuries
- ‘Deli News & More’ closes in Old Town, restaurateur signs lease
- Alexandria considering ‘no turn on red’ restrictions for some Old Town and Parker-Gray intersections
- Birchmere brushes up against city zoning ordinance in switch to electric signage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Small sinkhole shuts down portion of Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray
Old Town residents and business owners are up in arms for not being officially notified of a route change for the George Washington Birthday Parade on Feb. 20 (President’s Day)….
As rainfall travels down the hills of the Parkfairfax neighborhood, the momentum sweeps it past the slim gutters meant to catch the water, propelling it further downhill to devastating effect….
Cloud is a 10-year-old black and brown medium-haired cat searching for her forever home. Currently up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, she has a decade of…
A 23-year-old Lorton man was charged with driving while intoxicated after allegedly crashing into four cars in Old Town. The crash occurred near the intersection of S. Patrick Street and…
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are: