It’s the first week of 2023 and Alexandria is off to a busy start.
There were some closures as well: EagleBank is shutting down its Alexandria branch (277 S. Washington Street) in March while Deli News & More (1406) shut its doors — with a new deli planned to replace it in March.
- Notes: Alexandria’s guaranteed income program moves forward, payments start next month
- What are some of the big City of Alexandria priorities in 2023?
- Alexandria City Council to consider resolution outlining which flags can be flown and when
- Police: Man with knife commits West End robbery
- Alexandria man arrested after allegedly threatening dad with gun on Facebook Messenger
- Shots fired on Lincolnia Road, no injuries
- ‘Deli News & More’ closes in Old Town, restaurateur signs lease
- Alexandria considering ‘no turn on red’ restrictions for some Old Town and Parker-Gray intersections
- Birchmere brushes up against city zoning ordinance in switch to electric signage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Small sinkhole shuts down portion of Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. Just days after Alexandria’s City Council voted unanimously to ditch single-family-only zoning, Mayor Justin Wilson announced that he would not be running for…
The days of digging through archives by address to find a historical report on a building in Alexandria could, themselves, be a thing of the past. Anyone can now easily…
Friends of Guest House needs pajamas and cozy socks for their female residents who are transitioning back to the community from prison. Realtor Maureen Clyne started the annual effort four years ago…
A 4 BD/2.5 BA home with a gas fireplace, patio and a large landscaped yard is included in Just Listed.
Get ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll with this one-of-a-kind, high-octane rockabilly concert experience! Rockabilly Rumble is the all-new, musical experience celebrating the southern rock music that exploded on the scene in the 1950s. Organized by Alexandria City High School Alum and pro-musician Sam C. Jones, this band of world-class performers will have you dancing in your Blue Suede Shoes all night long with songs made famous by Bo Ridley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and more. Relive their most popular hits, along with some forgotten gems. “Rockabilly Rumble” is a dance-worthy, foot stomping evening you’ll never forget!
This show is 21+ only.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL ID. A PICTURE OF YOUR ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26