The big story this week was a fight at Alexandria City High School that got big enough for the police to get involved.
The school was not placed on lockdown, but three students were arrested after the fight. The incident occurs in the middle of intense scrutiny around violence in Alexandria City Public Schools. A student was murdered a few blocks away earlier this year. Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares urged the city to work more closely with law enforcement as a result of “the high level of violence and disruption which has taken place in Alexandria City Public Schools recently.”
- Police called after ‘altercations’ at Alexandria City High School
- JUST IN: Crash with injury shuts down section of Beltway near Woodrow Wilson Bridge
- Woman robbed of wallet near waterfront in Old Town
- Wesley Housing won’t expand affordable housing properties beyond D.C. Metro area
- Vienna-based chocolate and coffee shop coming to Old Town
- PHOTOS: Alexandria’s Scottish Christmas Walk Parade in Old Town
- Planning Commission backs Landmark redevelopment plans
- Years of upheaval ahead as ACPS designs West End office building for elementary school swing space
- Harry Potter tour returning next week to Apothecary Museum in Old Town
- Inova development could honor woman who pioneered Alexandria healthcare
As rainfall travels down the hills of the Parkfairfax neighborhood, the momentum sweeps it past the slim gutters meant to catch the water, propelling it further downhill to devastating effect….
Cloud is a 10-year-old black and brown medium-haired cat searching for her forever home. Currently up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, she has a decade of…
A 23-year-old Lorton man was charged with driving while intoxicated after allegedly crashing into four cars in Old Town. The crash occurred near the intersection of S. Patrick Street and…
Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria! ☔ Today’s weather: Light rain in the morning and afternoon. High of 51 and low of 33. ⛅ Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of…
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are: