ALXnow is heading into another long weekend with Fourth of July on Monday.
The big stories this week involved back-and-forths over city policy, from a new conditional height increase to arguments over abortion that briefly derailed a City Council meeting.
- Wave of Del Ray protestors prompts Planning Commission to defer affordable housing height increase
- Motorcyclist dies after crashing and falling off Eisenhower Avenue exit ramp
- After hit-and-runs, Alexandria Police capture suspect on foot on Interstate 95
- Tenant and worker groups voice opposition to power plant plans ahead of City Council review
- I-395 lane closures in Alexandria start tonight
- Alexandria City Council meeting disrupted by anti-abortion activists
- Falls Church restaurant Thompson Italian to take over former Hank’s Oyster Bar spot in Old Town
- Fairfax County man charged with vehicular manslaughter and DWI for fatal Duke Street crash
- City Council to adopt resolution to protect abortion access in Alexandria
- Alexandria getting first-ever speed cameras in five school zones early next year
The Alexandria Police Department said in a release that a handgun was confiscated from a student at Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy (530 S St Asaph Street) today. According to the release:…
It’s been a busy news week in Alexandria. On the positive site: one of the bigger stories is that the city achieved zero traffic fatalities in 2023. It’s a significant…
If you’re looking for something to do tonight (Friday), Gadsby’s Tavern Museum is hosting a 21-and-over “Tavern Games Night“. The event is scheduled for 7-9 p.m. at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum…
The Alexandria Police Department (APD) arrested Robert Walker, a 34-year-old D.C. resident, for a carjacking just a few blocks away from APD headquarters and striking a police vehicle. Police said…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.