It’s been a busy week in Alexandria with City Council coming back into session for the first time in 2022.
With a majority of the Council being new, there are fresh names and perspectives stories about city decision-making. Highlights from this week’s City Council meeting included a first look at plans for the city to — kind of — invest in a luxury hotel and bids to develop broadband internet access citywide.
- Woman shot during suspected shootout near South Reynolds Street 7-Eleven
- With hotel market in freefall, Alexandria considers financing luxury hotel in Old Town
- Man with hammer attacks several victims in The Shops at Mark Center
- JUST IN: Three arrested after bystander shot outside West End 7-Eleven
- JUST IN: Alexandria man charged with December murder of woman in West End
- Traffic Alert: Woodrow Wilson Bridge openings planned Tuesday night and Wednesday morning
- Amid declining enrollment, ACPS proposes employee raises in new budget proposal
- The Institute for Defense Analysis to open new Potomac Yard headquarters later this month
- Redevelopment plans announced for Community and Human Services office in Del Ray
- JUST IN: Juvenile arrested for alleged hit-and-run that injured Alexandria firefighters
An alleged carjacking that turned fatal last Friday derailed that week’s Top Stories post, but the weekly roundup returns. That carjacking, unsurprisingly, was the top story of this past week….
Alexandria’s Homegrown Restaurant Group just stumbled across a proverbial goldmine of infant baby formula, and on Friday morning (May 20) they donated 10 cases of Similac Advance to ALIVE!. It…
Open Houses includes a 4 BD/3 BA brick home with an updated open kitchen, deck and finished lower level.
A 4 BD/3 BA home with a gas fireplace, covered porch and walkout basement is included in Just Listed.