In the market for a job? Whether you’re looking for a part-time gig or full-time role, there are plenty of openings around Alexandria.
We scoured job boards and company sites to find new opportunities in the area. Companies hiring locally include the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington, Sunrise Senior Center and the City of Alexandria.
Take a look:
- Sign language interpreter (ASL) — EDU Healthcare
- FEMA technical writer I — Michael Baker International
- Public affairs specialist — Department of Agriculture
- Stormwater program analyst — City of Alexandria
- Program leader (part time) — Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington
- Cocktail/lounge server — The Alexandrian Hotel
- Governance Coordinator — American Counseling Association
- Indian tandoor chef — IndAroma
- Community marketing coordinator — 2nd Avenue Thrift Superstores
- Entry-level computer programmer — Revature
- Pack leader — Whole Dogz
- Education and training coordinator — Water Environment Federation
- Credit bureau specialist — PenFed Credit Union
- Chef manager — Sunrise Senior Living
- Associate manager of student programs — Close Up Foundation
Are you a business owner or manager who’s hiring? Get your opening in front of more local job seekers with our featured Job of the Day posts. Reach out to [email protected] or give us a call at 703-348-0583 for more details.
It was another busy week in Alexandria. The fallout of Wilson’s announcement that he would not run for reelection continues, with two City Council members — Vice Mayor Amy Jackson…
A small but dedicated team of volunteers spent last Saturday clearing trash from Holmes Run near the Charles Beatley Library. The City of Alexandria celebrated twelve volunteers who helped in…
With the advent of virtual learning in public schools during the Covid pandemic, it seemed like snow days would become a thing of the past. In late 2021, Alexandria said…
A 4 BD/4.5 BA brick townhome with four finished levels, multiple fireplaces and a brick patio is included in Just Listed.
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Get ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll with this one-of-a-kind, high-octane rockabilly concert experience! Rockabilly Rumble is the all-new, musical experience celebrating the southern rock music that exploded on the scene in the 1950s. Organized by Alexandria City High School Alum and pro-musician Sam C. Jones, this band of world-class performers will have you dancing in your Blue Suede Shoes all night long with songs made famous by Bo Ridley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and more. Relive their most popular hits, along with some forgotten gems. “Rockabilly Rumble” is a dance-worthy, foot stomping evening you’ll never forget!
This show is 21+ only.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL ID. A PICTURE OF YOUR ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.