If you’re looking for a policy degree that’s specifically focused on advancing your career, the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University is the right fit.
With classes held in the evening and part-time options available, Schar School graduate programs are convenient for working professionals and are designed to teach applicable, real-world skills for in-demand careers in the private, public and nonprofit sectors. Plus, the school is one of the best values in education; the affordable public institution offers a wide range of scholarships and a strong return on investment.
Students may apply by the July 15 application deadline to begin graduate studies in August.
Graduate certificate programs — just five courses each and with part-time and full-time options available — include:
- Biodefense, Certificate
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Certificate
- Global Health and Security, Certificate
- Illicit Trade Analysis, Certificate
- National Security and Public Policy, Certificate
- Nonprofit Management, Certificate
- Public Management, Certificate
- Science, Technology and Security, Certificate
- Strategic Trade, Certificate
- Terrorism and Homeland Security, Certificate
Master’s degree programs with part-time and full-time options available include:
- Biodefense, MS (offered on-campus, online and through a combination of both)
- International Commerce and Policy, MA
- International Security, MA
- Organization Development and Knowledge Management, MS
- Political Science, MA
- Public Administration, MPA
- Public Policy, MPP
Be sure to check our site for prospective student events, including the Schar School Master’s Application Workshop being held tomorrow, Wednesday, June 30, from 6-7 p.m. Get answers to all your master’s application questions from the Schar School’s Graduate Admissions team during this virtual session.
Prospective students who attend any virtual Schar School admissions event will be provided with an application fee waiver for the fall 2021 graduate application. To learn more about graduate programs at the Schar School, attend other upcoming events or fill out our inquiry form.
Metal detectors are not being considered at Alexandria City Public Schools. After a rocky start to the school year with multiple students caught bringing weapons to Alexandria City High School,…
The city is looking at options to move things around in the Torpedo Factory and insert some surprises into activity holes on the ground floor. In a Torpedo Factory Art…
A small chain devoted to spicy Nashville-style chicken called Hangry Joe’s Chicken is making a big expansion, opening in the Alexandria Commons shopping center and other locations throughout the region…
The Del Ray neighborhood was recently profiled on the latest episode of the PBS show If You Lived Here. This episode took a look at three homes in the neighborhood…