Alexandria’s COVID-19 deaths have increased by one to 136, and the number of cases has reached 11,825, an increase of 26 cases since last Tuesday, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
The city’s seven-day moving average is now 3.9.
Below is the VDH breakdown of cases over the last six days in Alexandria:
- Two new cases reported Monday, May 24
- Three new cases reported Sunday, May 23
- Four new cases reported Saturday, May 22
- One new case reported Friday, May 21
- 18 new cases reported Thursday, May 20
- Zero cases reported Wednesday, May 19
- Zero cases reported Tuesday, May 18
On the vaccine front, 60,950 residents have been fully vaccinated, and 79,801 residents have been partially vaccinated. Alexandria has a goal of fully vaccinating 110,000 residents, which is 80% of the population.