The Alexandria Drive-In Theatre is returning with 10 movies in March, including cult classics like Jurassic Park, The Princess Bride and Remember the Titans.
“Since the launch last August, the Alexandria Drive-In has quickly become a community staple, providing families and households with a safe activity during such a difficult time,” said Allen Brooks, Alexandria Drive-In co-founder. “The nostalgia of drive-ins mixed with the desire to be around others safely is something special, and we’re happy to be able to bring the community back together while fundraising for the Athena Rapid Response Innovation Lab as well as the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria.”
“I have never been more inspired with this community coming together as we did with the Alexandria Drive-In,” said Grant. “With ALX Community opening its third location, we are excited that Athena Rapid Response is going to carry the torch and continue the Alexandria Drive In. Stay tuned for many new community based initiatives that ALX will pioneer in 2021.”
Each screening can hold 215 cars, and tickets cost $40 per car. The movies are screened in the Victory Center parking lot at 5001 Eisenhower Avenue.
The March Movie Lineup is below:
- Friday, March 5, 7:00 p.m. — Jurassic Park
- Saturday, March 6, 6:30 p.m. — The Princess Bride
- Saturday, March 6, 9:30 p.m. — Black Panther
- Friday, March 12, 7:00 p.m. — Back to the Future
- Saturday, March 13, 6:30 p.m. — Despicable Me
- Saturday, March 13, 9:30 p.m. — Karate Kid
- Friday, March 19, 7:30 p.m. — Goonies
- Saturday, March 20, 7:30 p.m. — Into the Spider Verse
- Friday, March 26, 7:30 p.m. — Get Out
- Saturday, March 27, 7:30 p.m. — Remember the Titans