There are or have been 4,230 total cases of COVID-19 in Alexandria, which is an increase of 107 cases since last Monday, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
There have also been 325 total hospitalizations in the city (an increase of two hospitalizations since this time last week). The death count stands at 74 with two probable cases associated with the virus.
The Alexandria Health Department says that one in 12 infected Alexandrians have been hospitalized.
Across Virginia, there have been 3,581 deaths and there are or have been 174,275 cases of the virus. There have been 2.53 million PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests and the state’s seven-day positivity rate is at 5%.
Demographic, Age and Sex Breakdown
Of the 74 deaths, 96% have been residents above the age of 50.
Latino residents have the most infections with 1,939 reported cases, followed by Black residents with 877 cases, white residents with 850 cases, Asian or Pacific Islander residents with 158 cases, 96 cases classified as “other” and four native American cases.
There are or have been 2,193 women (with 37 deaths) and 2,024 men (with 37 deaths) in Alexandria with the virus. The only age groups that have not experienced a death so far are children and teenagers.
- 80+ — 31 deaths, 128 cases (Three new cases)
- 70-79 — 21 deaths, 146 cases (Three new cases)
- 60-69 — Five deaths, 314 cases (15 new cases)
- 50-59 — 14 deaths, 531 cases (24 new cases)
- 40-49 — One death, 730 cases (37 new cases)
- 30-39 — One death, 956 cases (29 new cases)
- 20-29 — One death, 817 cases (51 new cases)
- 10-19 — Zero deaths, 301 cases (Nine new cases)
- 0-9 — Zero deaths, 296 cases (16 new cases)
There have been 49,808 COVID tests administered in the city so far and 5,166 antibody tests. The city’s seven-day positivity rate is now at 4.9%.
- Arlington County has 4,562 cases, 154 deaths and a 3.3% seven-day positivity rate
- Fairfax County has 23,695 cases, 621 deaths and a 4.2% seven-day positivity rate
- Loudoun County has 7,784 cases, 130 deaths and a 4.5% seven-day positivity rate
Cases By ZIP Code
The areas of the city with the leading number of cases are the 22304, 22305 and 22312 ZIP codes, which include the West End and Arlandria, Potomac Yard and Potomac West neighborhoods.
Some of the areas share jurisdictions between Alexandria and Arlington and Fairfax Counties:
- 22301 — 156 cases, 4,198 people tested (Estimated population 15,171)
- 22302 — 454 cases, 7,435 people tested (Estimated population 20,238)
- 22304 — 1,334 cases, 14,746 people tested (Estimated population 54,003)
- 22305 — 848 cases, 5,869 people tested (Estimated population 16,095)
- 22311 — 771 cases, 7,021 people tested (Estimated population 16,898)
- 22312 — 1,067 cases, 8,616 people tested (Estimated population 6,901)
- 22314 — 454 cases, 9,811 people tested (Estimated population 47,826)
Photo via CDC/Unsplash
The following press release was published today by the City of Alexandria. Property owners have 90 days to appeal the revised preliminary Special Flood Hazard Area maps drafted by the…
(Updated 1:40 p.m.) A coffee shop founded by Iraqi immigrants has filed a permit to open in Old Town. Lily’s Chocolate and Coffee is coming to 631 King Street at…
(Updated 1:45 p.m.) Toy donations are still needed for residents living in Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority properties. The 13th Annual Santa’s Winter Wonderland event will provide gifts for hundreds of…
Axel is a bit of a neat freak. The two-year-old male black American rabbit is up for adoption with the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, and all this month his adoption…
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
High School Senior Anxious about College Life? Our amazing graduate interns, Meghan Damminger and Kelly Charwat are starting an affordable College Readiness group in early 2023. Working out day and time. Please email [email protected] to set up a free consultation after the Thanksgiving holiday. And yes, Meghan and Kelly have a few openings for individual clients as well. Their rate is $45 per session. [www.sarahmoorelpc.com](http://www.sarahmoorelpc.com/?fbclid=IwAR3ZlfQnSLVRCc78HbTZutDYZErTctC_5pl- zt4eo_wjQo1gF6uHS–k32g).
Don’t miss this toe tapping celebration!
The Symphony Orchestra of Northern Virginia (SONOVA) presents “Brassy Jazzy Christmas,” a strong lineup of Christmas and holiday favorites. Inspired by Stan Keton’s album “A Merry Christmas!,” SONOVA has created a jazz band–substituting french
Join in Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition- the 47th Turkey Trot 5 Mile Race. Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving morning tradition, the Alexandria Turkey Trot, returns to the streets of Del Ray on Thursday, November 24 at 9 a.m. In the spirit of