“With the CDC’s recommendations for everyone to wear a cloth face covering while out in public if they can’t maintain six feet of physical distance from others, and the likelihood that this will be the new temporary norm, we’ve compiled a list of Alexandria boutiques and businesses making non-medical-grade face coverings,” the local tourism center said.
The list of locations to buy masks includes:
- Bellies & Babies (1913 Mount Vernon Avenue): the Del Ray consignment shop is selling homemade, washable facemasks for $20
- Del Ray Monograms (2005 Mount Vernon Avenue): the monogram shop is selling monogrammed face masks for $29.95, with a non-monogrammed variety for $20
- KH Giving: the shop is offering a variety of face masks for around $20 with 10% of the proceeds going to a pair of local food banks
- The Purple Goose (2005 Mount Vernon Avenue): the children’s boutique is selling both cloth masks and disposable masks
- Salon deZEN (118 N. Fayette Street): the salon is selling $10, homemade cloth masks
- The Dog Store (2301 Mount Vernon Avenue): the Del Ray pet shop is selling washable face masks for $12.99
- The Old Town Shop (105 South Union Street): the Old Town store is selling disposable masks at 2 for $5 for curbside pickup
- Tulusa (2 Ancell Street): this fabric and textiles shop is selling custom face masks with unique prints. Most masks are $14 but a set with golden cheetah print — with 15% of the proceeds going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation — is $26
Staff photo by Vernon Miles
Bareil and Quark do everything together. The bonded kitties are looking for a new home to share, and are up for adoption with the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria. Bareil…
Providence Secures $1 Million to Fund Educational Programs — “Local fourth-grade students will be treated to special programming funded by military shipbuilding HII.” [Alexandria Living Magazine] It’s Thursday — Partly cloudy…
Schedule a walk-through of the luxury townhome community at Darden Towns in the heart of Del Ray.
With the City of Alexandria returning to regulating on-street retail and restaurant uses, including adding a price tag for the benefit, the City Council is also scheduled to review a…
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and