As part of an ongoing series of programs aimed at helping Alexandrians stuck at home, Visit Alexandria has put together a guide to where to find facemasks in the city.
“With the CDC’s recommendations for everyone to wear a cloth face covering while out in public if they can’t maintain six feet of physical distance from others, and the likelihood that this will be the new temporary norm, we’ve compiled a list of Alexandria boutiques and businesses making non-medical-grade face coverings,” the local tourism center said.
The list of locations to buy masks includes:
- Bellies & Babies (1913 Mount Vernon Avenue): the Del Ray consignment shop is selling homemade, washable facemasks for $20
- Del Ray Monograms (2005 Mount Vernon Avenue): the monogram shop is selling monogrammed face masks for $29.95, with a non-monogrammed variety for $20
- KH Giving: the shop is offering a variety of face masks for around $20 with 10% of the proceeds going to a pair of local food banks
- The Purple Goose (2005 Mount Vernon Avenue): the children’s boutique is selling both cloth masks and disposable masks
- Salon deZEN (118 N. Fayette Street): the salon is selling $10, homemade cloth masks
- The Dog Store (2301 Mount Vernon Avenue): the Del Ray pet shop is selling washable face masks for $12.99
- The Old Town Shop (105 South Union Street): the Old Town store is selling disposable masks at 2 for $5 for curbside pickup
- Tulusa (2 Ancell Street): this fabric and textiles shop is selling custom face masks with unique prints. Most masks are $14 but a set with golden cheetah print — with 15% of the proceeds going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation — is $26
Staff photo by Vernon Miles
The biggest news throughout the region was the smoke from the Canadian wildfires that descended on Wednesday and stayed through yesterday. Air quality reached dire levels and the City of…
The Director of the Federal Housing Finance Administration visited Southern Towers in the West End this week, signalling to housing advocates that years of protests against rent hikes and evictions…
(Updated 1:15 p.m.) The Mount Vernon Avenue Bridge was closed to traffic due to police activity, though as of 1:15 p.m. is has reopened. A foot pursuit across the Mount Vernon…
A 4 BD/3 BA updated home with hardwood floors, covered porch and remodeled lower level is featured in Just Listed.
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
Time flies when you’re having fun! The T.C. Williams High School Class of 1973 will hold its 50th reunion July 21-23, 2023 in Alexandria. All graduates and their adult nears and dears are welcome. Events include a Friday evening icebreaker, Saturday dinner dance, and a Sunday brunch. For more information: tcwilliams73.com, 770.789.3534.