“With the CDC’s recommendations for everyone to wear a cloth face covering while out in public if they can’t maintain six feet of physical distance from others, and the likelihood that this will be the new temporary norm, we’ve compiled a list of Alexandria boutiques and businesses making non-medical-grade face coverings,” the local tourism center said.
The list of locations to buy masks includes:
- Bellies & Babies (1913 Mount Vernon Avenue): the Del Ray consignment shop is selling homemade, washable facemasks for $20
- Del Ray Monograms (2005 Mount Vernon Avenue): the monogram shop is selling monogrammed face masks for $29.95, with a non-monogrammed variety for $20
- KH Giving: the shop is offering a variety of face masks for around $20 with 10% of the proceeds going to a pair of local food banks
- The Purple Goose (2005 Mount Vernon Avenue): the children’s boutique is selling both cloth masks and disposable masks
- Salon deZEN (118 N. Fayette Street): the salon is selling $10, homemade cloth masks
- The Dog Store (2301 Mount Vernon Avenue): the Del Ray pet shop is selling washable face masks for $12.99
- The Old Town Shop (105 South Union Street): the Old Town store is selling disposable masks at 2 for $5 for curbside pickup
- Tulusa (2 Ancell Street): this fabric and textiles shop is selling custom face masks with unique prints. Most masks are $14 but a set with golden cheetah print — with 15% of the proceeds going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation — is $26
Staff photo by Vernon Miles
What an absorbing week in Alexandria. Just as the ball gets rolling with reopening and loosened restrictions, the pandemic rears its ugly head. With coronavirus transmission levels climbing, Alexandria is…
A new state grant could help fund the city’s expensive, state-mandated RiverRenew project and offset some of the sewer rate increases for Alexandrians. According to a press release, Alexandria Renew…
As it was with the decision to reopen schools, Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) is a little behind its neighbors in deciding whether or not faculty and students will be…
Featured in the latest Just Listed in Alexandria is a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fully fenced backyard and stone patio. Explore more of this listing at the open house this Sunday from 1-3 p.m.