Alexandria City Public Schools have added three “grab and go” breakfast and lunch distribution locations for children over the age of two.
Food distribution at all the ACPS locations has also been limited to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to encourage social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic that has shuttered the school system for the remainder of the academic year.
“We’re trying to really not have families out every day and staff out every day,” ACPS Superintendent Gregory Hutchings, Jr. told the City Council/School Board Subcommittee in an online meeting on Tuesday. “Last week we had these meals available every day. We are really trying to adhere to the guidelines of social gathering.”
The new locations are:
- Mason at Van Dorn Apartments at 140 S. Van Dorn Street, from 10:45-11:15 a.m.
- Brent Place Apartments at 375 South Reynolds Street, from 11:20-11:50 a.m.
- Ruby Tucker Family Center at 322 Tancil Court, from 10:45 – 11:15 a.m.
ACPS is also offering meals at these locations between 8 a.m. and noon:
- T.C. Williams High School [3330 King Street]
- William Ramsay Elementary School [5700 Sanger Ave]
- Francis C. Hammond Middle School [4646 Seminary Road]
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology [3600 Commonwealth Avenue]
- Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School [1501 Cameron Street]
This week saw possibly the most contentious meeting between the City Council and School Board in years for a debate over School Resources Officers that ultimately culminated in the Council…
The Scholarship Fund of Alexandria has raised enough funding to establish a new scholarship that will be named after a beloved former teacher. The recently retired Beverly Vick was a…
Months after the majority of Alexandria residents were fully vaccinated, coronavirus precautions now turn toward booster shots aimed at keeping those vaccinations effective. A Pfizer vaccine booster has already been…
Featured in this week’s Just Listed is a 4 BD/3.5 BA Cape Cod home with hardwood floors and wood burning fireplace with 3,500 sq. ft. of living space.