Alexandria City Public Schools have added three “grab and go” breakfast and lunch distribution locations for children over the age of two.
Food distribution at all the ACPS locations has also been limited to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to encourage social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic that has shuttered the school system for the remainder of the academic year.
“We’re trying to really not have families out every day and staff out every day,” ACPS Superintendent Gregory Hutchings, Jr. told the City Council/School Board Subcommittee in an online meeting on Tuesday. “Last week we had these meals available every day. We are really trying to adhere to the guidelines of social gathering.”
The new locations are:
- Mason at Van Dorn Apartments at 140 S. Van Dorn Street, from 10:45-11:15 a.m.
- Brent Place Apartments at 375 South Reynolds Street, from 11:20-11:50 a.m.
- Ruby Tucker Family Center at 322 Tancil Court, from 10:45 – 11:15 a.m.
ACPS is also offering meals at these locations between 8 a.m. and noon:
- T.C. Williams High School [3330 King Street]
- William Ramsay Elementary School [5700 Sanger Ave]
- Francis C. Hammond Middle School [4646 Seminary Road]
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology [3600 Commonwealth Avenue]
- Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School [1501 Cameron Street]
Daily update for Weds, March 25:
👉 Info for @TCWTitans seniors
👉 Students transitioning to the next grade level next year
👉 3 new pop-up meal locations
More: https://t.co/ru8xh0Q3xG pic.twitter.com/dMUUlVMLDe
— Alexandria City Public Schools (@ACPSk12) March 25, 2020