According to a social media post, effective today (Thursday):
- Visiting hours are restricted to two times per day: 10 a.m. to noon, and 6 to 8 p.m.
- Visitation is limited to two visitors per patient at any given time.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from entering our facilities.
- Visitors entering an Inova facility will undergo a verbal screening. Individuals answering “yes” to any screening questions will be asked to delay their visit until they are well.
- Visitation will not be allowed for suspected or confirmed patients with COVID-19 or those with active respiratory illness.
The move comes hours after an Alexandria resident tested positive for coronavirus. The restrictions on visitation are part of a broader plan enacted by Inova to handle the outbreak.
All patients are screened at registration and check-in, or by phone prior to entry into the facility, to keep the virus from spreading from patient to patient. The hospital said that all potential COVID-19 patients are given face masks and placed into isolation immediately, with treatment being brought in to them. Equipment used to care for the patients is not shared with any other patients.
“Our team members treat respiratory viruses and infectious diseases every day while keeping our patients, visitors and themselves safe,” the hospital said on its website.
The hospital has continued to release new updates on its website.
Photo via Inova Alexandria Hospital/Facebook
Fingerprints have linked a 59-year-old Alexandria man to a February 25 robbery at the 7-Eleven at 3412 Mount Vernon Avenue in the Arlandria area. The same suspect, Stanley Rivers, was…
(Updated 9:30 p.m.) After advancing in two straight preliminary races, Noah Lyles will run for the gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday. Lyles’s family is staying at a…
Last year marked the first time in 14 years that ACPS saw an enrollment decrease, and with schools headed back to in-person teaching at the end of the month it’s…
A 5 BD/3.5 BA home on a half-acre lot sold for $2.5 million, making it one of the most expensive homes sold in July.