According to a social media post, effective today (Thursday):
- Visiting hours are restricted to two times per day: 10 a.m. to noon, and 6 to 8 p.m.
- Visitation is limited to two visitors per patient at any given time.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from entering our facilities.
- Visitors entering an Inova facility will undergo a verbal screening. Individuals answering “yes” to any screening questions will be asked to delay their visit until they are well.
- Visitation will not be allowed for suspected or confirmed patients with COVID-19 or those with active respiratory illness.
The move comes hours after an Alexandria resident tested positive for coronavirus. The restrictions on visitation are part of a broader plan enacted by Inova to handle the outbreak.
All patients are screened at registration and check-in, or by phone prior to entry into the facility, to keep the virus from spreading from patient to patient. The hospital said that all potential COVID-19 patients are given face masks and placed into isolation immediately, with treatment being brought in to them. Equipment used to care for the patients is not shared with any other patients.
“Our team members treat respiratory viruses and infectious diseases every day while keeping our patients, visitors and themselves safe,” the hospital said on its website.
The hospital has continued to release new updates on its website.
Photo via Inova Alexandria Hospital/Facebook
(Updated 5:30 p.m.) Alexandria law enforcement is investigating the death of Anthony Mouf, a 25-year-old Fairfax County man in Alexandria’s William G. Truesdale Adult Detention Center According to a city…
Alexandria parents should consider breastfeeding and using cow’s milk for short periods during the nationwide baby formula shortage, according to the Alexandria Health Department (AHD). Those were just a couple…
Alexandria-based Goodwin House Inc., a non-profit organization built around senior living, has acquired the West End senior living community Hermitage Northern Virginia with plans to undergo an expansion in the…
Alexandria and Arlington will start clearing debris and dredging Four Mile Run in September, and the project will close sections of the park from the public for four to six…