Alexandria is gearing up for its 25th annual First Night celebration tomorrow (Tuesday).
First Night is the city’s annual New Year’s Eve celebration featuring various local businesses and civic organizations. Events are scheduled to take place across Old Town. Kids entertainment is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. while music starts at 7 p.m.
All-access tickets to the event are $30 today, but increase to $35 tomorrow. Badges are free for active-duty military.
Other bars and restaurants around town are also hosting special New Year’s Eve parties as well, including:
- Noon Year’s Eve Party and Balloon Drop at Hops N Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue) — New Year’s celebrations start a little early at Hops N Shine tomorrow. Events are planned to include face painting, s’more kits, moonshine infusions and a balloon drop at midnight.
- New Year’s Eve with Evening Star Cafe (2000 Mount Vernon Avenue) — The Del Ray restaurant is offering a $75 per person four-course meal with the option to add a $35 wine pairing.
- Roaring 2020s NYE at Village Brauhaus (710 King Street) — Village Brauhaus is hosting a costume party with a Great Gatsby theme. General admission tickets are $30 and come with a buffet and snacks, along with a glass of champagne or sparkling cider. The $45 ticket includes two glasses of wine, two light beers, and two specialty cocktails as well as the buffet, snacks and champagne.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise with the Potomac Riverboat Company (211 N. Union Street) — The riverboat Cherry Blossom will take to the river for a unique view of the city’s fireworks celebration. The three-hour cruise will feature hors d’oeuvres along with beer and wine, culminating with fireworks and a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $160.
- New Year’s Eve at Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub (713 King Street) — The Irish pub in Old Town will offer a four-course dinner, party favors and live music for $55, according to the restaurant’s Facebook page. Reservations can be made over the phone at 703-548-1717.
Photo via First Night Alexandria/Facebook
ALXnow is heading into another long weekend with Fourth of July on Monday. The big stories this week involved back-and-forths over city policy, from a new conditional height increase to…
Open Houses includes a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fenced backyard, new roof and sun porch.
A 3 BD/2 BA updated brick townhome with an enclosed backyard and rear deck is included in Just Listed.
Alexandria City Public Schools expects its interim superintendent to serve for the entire 2022-2023 school year, according to a new job listing for the position. “It is anticipated that this…