Alexandria is gearing up for its 25th annual First Night celebration tomorrow (Tuesday).
First Night is the city’s annual New Year’s Eve celebration featuring various local businesses and civic organizations. Events are scheduled to take place across Old Town. Kids entertainment is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. while music starts at 7 p.m.
All-access tickets to the event are $30 today, but increase to $35 tomorrow. Badges are free for active-duty military.
Other bars and restaurants around town are also hosting special New Year’s Eve parties as well, including:
- Noon Year’s Eve Party and Balloon Drop at Hops N Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue) — New Year’s celebrations start a little early at Hops N Shine tomorrow. Events are planned to include face painting, s’more kits, moonshine infusions and a balloon drop at midnight.
- New Year’s Eve with Evening Star Cafe (2000 Mount Vernon Avenue) — The Del Ray restaurant is offering a $75 per person four-course meal with the option to add a $35 wine pairing.
- Roaring 2020s NYE at Village Brauhaus (710 King Street) — Village Brauhaus is hosting a costume party with a Great Gatsby theme. General admission tickets are $30 and come with a buffet and snacks, along with a glass of champagne or sparkling cider. The $45 ticket includes two glasses of wine, two light beers, and two specialty cocktails as well as the buffet, snacks and champagne.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise with the Potomac Riverboat Company (211 N. Union Street) — The riverboat Cherry Blossom will take to the river for a unique view of the city’s fireworks celebration. The three-hour cruise will feature hors d’oeuvres along with beer and wine, culminating with fireworks and a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $160.
- New Year’s Eve at Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub (713 King Street) — The Irish pub in Old Town will offer a four-course dinner, party favors and live music for $55, according to the restaurant’s Facebook page. Reservations can be made over the phone at 703-548-1717.
Photo via First Night Alexandria/Facebook
Within days of the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on Israel, Alexandria’s City Hall was lit up with the colors of Israel. But after months of mounting civilian casualties in…
The Potomac Yard arena fight has created a fascinating mix of opponents and supporters who don’t adhere to strict political party lines. While Republican Governor Glenn Youngkin and Alexandria’s Democratic…
A 29-year-old Washington, D.C. man was arrested last month for allegedly stealing a $1,300 necklace from the First Cash Pawn shop in Alexandria’s West End and then trying to resell…
Anyone heading out this afternoon should remember to bring an umbrella: storms are likely inbound to Alexandria. The National Weather Service (NWS) said rain is likely this afternoon, mainly after…
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.
Peace in Gaza: Prayer Liturgy and Community Discussion for Peace in Arlington VA, Sunday, Feb. 11, 10:15 AM
Prayer, liturgy, and community discussion for peace in Gaza, an immediate cease fire and resumption of humanitarian aid will be hosted by Nova Catholic Community. The focus will be Pope Francis’ call for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, resumption of humanitarian aid for Palestinians in Gaza, and peace talks for a lasting and just peace for all people in the region.
Discussion will follow at Noon on US military role in the conflict and appropriate steps the US should take to foster peace and rebuilding. Light lunch served.