The 4th annual Del Ray Candy Cane Bar Crawl will bring holiday revelers to Mount Vernon Avenue this weekend.
From 1-6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14, fifteen restaurants across Del Ray will have specials on holiday cocktails and beers. Raffles, a costume contest, and a photo booth are planned for different restaurants, with trolley transportation connecting the different venues.
Advance tickets to the bar crawl are $15, or $20 at the door. All proceeds from the bar crawl go to benefit Community Lodgings, an Alexandria nonprofit that helps families escape homelessness and establish self-sufficiency.
The first 250 registrants will receive a 16-ounce event souvenir cup, according to the event description, and bar crawl t-shirts will be available for sale the day of the event.
Participating restaurants include:
- Rt’s Restaurant (3804 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Hops N’ Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Northside 10 (10 E. Glebe Road)
- Cheesetique Del Ray (2411 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Stomping Ground (2309 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Pork Barrel BBQ (2312 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Del Ray Pizzeria (2218 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub (2300 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Evening Star Cafe (2000 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- KAiZEN Tavern (1909 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Live Oak Restaurant (1603 Commonwealth Avenue)
- Charlie’s On The Avenue (1501 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- The Garden (1503 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap (401 E. Braddock Road)
But the bar crawl isn’t the only festive event this weekend in Del Ray. There’s a holiday sing-along at the Del Ray United Methodist Church (100 Windsor Avenue) on Friday, among a number of other holiday activities planned for the area.
Photo via Del Ray Candy Cane Bar Crawl/Facebook
(Updated 5:50 p.m.) Amana Bhuiyan wakes up at 4 a.m. at her home in the Huntington neighborhood of Fairfax and immediately starts driving Uber. Around 9 or 10 a.m. she’ll…
Bridget Shea Westfall says she’s not a status quo kind of person. Westfall, the parent of a second grader at Naomi L. Brooks Elementary School, also calls her son her…
After achieving some funding from earlier grants, the City of Alexandria is going back to that well to try and finance more flood mitigation. At a meeting on Tuesday, Oct….
Learn how mortgage program options and interest rates are faring as well as the overall status of the mortgage industry this fall in the latest Ask McEnearney.