The 4th annual Del Ray Candy Cane Bar Crawl will bring holiday revelers to Mount Vernon Avenue this weekend.
From 1-6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14, fifteen restaurants across Del Ray will have specials on holiday cocktails and beers. Raffles, a costume contest, and a photo booth are planned for different restaurants, with trolley transportation connecting the different venues.
Advance tickets to the bar crawl are $15, or $20 at the door. All proceeds from the bar crawl go to benefit Community Lodgings, an Alexandria nonprofit that helps families escape homelessness and establish self-sufficiency.
The first 250 registrants will receive a 16-ounce event souvenir cup, according to the event description, and bar crawl t-shirts will be available for sale the day of the event.
Participating restaurants include:
- Rt’s Restaurant (3804 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Hops N’ Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Northside 10 (10 E. Glebe Road)
- Cheesetique Del Ray (2411 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Stomping Ground (2309 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Pork Barrel BBQ (2312 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Del Ray Pizzeria (2218 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub (2300 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Evening Star Cafe (2000 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- KAiZEN Tavern (1909 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Live Oak Restaurant (1603 Commonwealth Avenue)
- Charlie’s On The Avenue (1501 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- The Garden (1503 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap (401 E. Braddock Road)
But the bar crawl isn’t the only festive event this weekend in Del Ray. There’s a holiday sing-along at the Del Ray United Methodist Church (100 Windsor Avenue) on Friday, among a number of other holiday activities planned for the area.
Photo via Del Ray Candy Cane Bar Crawl/Facebook