The waterfront will sparkle tomorrow (Saturday) as dozens of ships decked out in Christmas lights cruise along the shoreline.
This year is the 20th annual Holiday Boat Parade of Lights. Festivities are planned throughout the afternoon and early evening, from 2-8 p.m. Planned activities include a pop-up beer garden from Port City Brewing Company, a bookmark-making station from Old Town Books and holiday music from 97.1 WASH-FM.
Santa is scheduled to arrive at the party at 3:30 p.m. by fireboat, and the parade is scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. The parade is expected to last sometime between 30 minutes to an hour, depending on factors like total participants and river conditions. Guests are advised to arrive early to stake out a good spot to view the parade.
Visit Alexandria suggested the following locations:
- Founders Park — 351 N. Union Street
- Alexandria City Marina — 0 Cameron Street
- Waterfront Park — 1 King Street and 1A Prince Street
- Point Lumley Park — 1 Duke Street
- Windmill Hill Park — 501 S. Union Street
- Shipyard/Harborside Park — 1 Wilkes Street
- Ford’s Landing City Park — 99 Franklin Street
After leaving Alexandria, the parade will head to The Wharf in D.C. for another celebration there.
Photo via Visit Alexandria VA/Facebook