(Updated 3/17) Tomorrow (Friday) is a celebration of all things Irish: the release of a new Hozier EP.
But for some local bars and the Catholic Church, tomorrow is more notably St. Patrick’s Day. The weekend is set to be marked with celebrations of Irish dancing, music, and drinking.
Celebrations arguably peaked with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade earlier in the month, but several local restaurants and bars have events planned for this weekend.
One of the biggest events is a St. Patrick’s Day Crawl running across two days and hitting up six locations across Old Town. The crawl starts at Village Brauhaus (710 King Street) on Friday and The Light Horse (715 King Street) on Saturday. The Saturday event hits up five locations across Old Town, with both days ending at Chadwicks (203 Strand Street) after 10 p.m. for $7 green tea shooters.
Some other local happenings are listed below.
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub (713 King Street) — The Irish pub is kicking off St. Patrick’s Day celebrations a little early, starting tonight at 7 p.m. with a performance from the Boyle School of Irish Dance. Live music starts at 9 p.m. On Saturday, live music starts at 10 a.m. and on Saturday, the live music starts at 3 p.m.
- Daniel O’Connell’s Irish Restaurant and Bar (112 King Street) — The Irish restaurant will also feature dance performances from the Boyle School of Irish Dance, kicking off at 8 p.m. (one hour after the school’s performance at Murphy’s). They will perform again at 1:30 and 5:15 p.m. on Friday, followed dance from McGrath Morgan Irish Dancers at 6 p.m. and live music at 9 p.m. Saturday is mostly devoted to rugby, with live music starting at 9 p.m.
- Osho’s St. Paddy’s Day Bash (1324 King Street) — O’Shaughnessy’s is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day event starting at 5 p.m. on Friday, featuring live music, party favors and green drinks.
- St. Patricks’ Day Party at Village Brauhaus (710 King Street) — Friday starting at 3 p.m. The event will include Irish music throughout the day and live music starting at 9:30 p.m.
- Union Street Public House (121 S Union Street) — The American restaurant at 121 South Union Street will open the tap room at 10 a.m. on Friday, followed by the kitchen at 11 a.m. — feature an Irish menu, with Guinness fish and chips, Irish stew and more.
- Hard Times Cafe (1404 King Street) — Hard Times has specials for St. Patrick’s Day, including corned beef platters and discounts on Irish drinks like Guinness and Jameson all weekend.
A few locations outside of Old Town:
- St. Patrick’s Day celebration at The Garden (1503 Mount Vernon Avenue) — The Garden will feature live music, beer and whisky on Saturday, March 18.
- Hops N Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue) — The Arlandria restaurant has St. Paddy’s specials available through the weekend, including discounts on drinks like Guinness and the offensively named Black and Tan. The kitchen specials for the weekend are corned beef grilled cheese and green eggs and ham sandwiches.
- Shooter McGee’s (5239 Duke Street) — The Landmark-area restaurant has food and drink specials this week, including shepherd’s pie for $18 and corn beef egg rolls for $10. The restaurant will also feature an all-day celebration tomorrow (Friday).
ALXnow.com’s local news reporting today is supported by the Junior League of Washington’s Tossed & Found rummage sale. More on the event: You’re invited to shop at the 31st Annual…
It’s spring and the musical lineup at Arlandria’s The Birchmere (3701 Mount Vernon Avenue) is heating up. Folk/bluegrass band The Wailin’ Jennys is headlining next month in two — unfortunately…
Alexandria’s DASH bus system has been going through a pair of ambitious, headline-grabbing overhauls, but city leaders are still working out how to pay for them. In 2021, DASH went…
Discover the difference between market, appraisal, and assessment values in Ask McEnearney.
Monarch Montessori School located in the heart of Del Ray is enrolling children 6 weeks to 6 years of age for our half day and full day program.
Our hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday-Friday. Monarch Montessori School is open year round, with intermittent breaks.
Children engage in self-directed, self-initiated activities under the guidance of a trained Montessori teacher. Classroom sizes range from 8-12 students. Our robust curriculum includes botany, sensorial activities, the social graces, culture, math, science, practical life, geography, music appreciation and language arts.
You’ll get half off of the registration fee when you register and begin care with us before April 30, 2023.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
Del Ray Dog Fest & Yappy Hour
The 1st Annual Del Ray Dog Fest is a fun outdoor event that will include dog-centered activities, dog menu items, live music, vendors and food on Sunday, April 2 from 11am- 3pm at the George Washington Middle School parking lot.