Good Monday morning, Alexandria!
☔ Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 46 and low of 34.
⛅ Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 45 and low of 33. Sunrise at 7:28 am and sunset at 5:05 pm.
🚨 You need to know
The story came out late on Friday, so in case you missed it: Atlas Brew Works is coming to Carlyle.
The D.C.-based brewery — a popular spot in the Ivy City neighborhood and locally renowned for its trivia night — announced plans to open at 2501 Mandeville Lane later this year.
The new location is in the Carlyle Crossing development, just across from the AMC theater.
📈 Friday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Jan 6, 2023.
- ALXnow’s top stories this week in Alexandria (1383 views)
- Suspect posts bond after gunfire incident in Old Town on New Year’s Eve (999 views)
- Atlas Brew Works announces plans for new Carlyle location (715 views)
- Notes: Metro train operator arrested for a DWI after fiasco near Van Dorn station (655 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- What are Your Thoughts on Alexandria’s Plan to Reduce Community-Wide Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 80%?
Zebra (Saturday @ 11:24 am)
- VA Restaurants Cited: Via Veneto, Quickfire Hibachi, Golden Buffet
Patch (Friday @ 8:51 pm)
- Alexandria’s William Ramsay Elementary Teaches Kids Bike-Riding in PE Class
Zebra (Friday @ 5:52 pm)
- Alexandria Pet Of The Week: Reptar Is Content With Snuggles, Treats
Patch (Friday @ 5:03 pm)
- Atlas Brew Works to Open Brewery and Tap Room in Alexandria
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 5:03 pm)
- New 2023 Chamber of Commerce Leadership Brings Diversity to Alexandria
Zebra (Friday @ 4:58 pm)
- Join the 2023 Alexandria St. Patrick’s Day Parade!
Zebra (Friday @ 3:17 pm)
- Audio Porn, School Investigated, Pedestrian Deaths Soar: Top VA News
Patch (Friday @ 2:55 pm)
- Submit Nominations Virginia’s Outsanding Crossing Guard Award by January 20
Zebra (Friday @ 2:29 pm)
- Volleyball Star Athlete Organizes Leukemia, Lymphoma Fundraiser
Patch (Friday @ 2:15 pm)
- Our View: The power of love and goodwill
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 1:36 pm)
- Starting off fresh
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 1:08 pm)
- Scholarship opens for CNA course
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:57 pm)
- Nepenthe Gallery to feature local artists
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:51 pm)
- Fulton appointed to ALX Electoral Board
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:48 pm)
- ACPS Budget Proposal Includes Staff Pay Increases, Facility Resources
Patch (Friday @ 12:44 pm)
- Police arrest shots fired suspect
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:26 pm)
- Alderton Re-elected Alexandria School Board Chair; Superintendent Wants More Pay for Teachers
Zebra (Friday @ 12:08 pm)
- Grover the Smart Cookie Seeks Home
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 8:03 am)
- Feeding our Feathered Friends This Winter
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:55 am)
- No Turn on Red Restrictions Considered in Old Town
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:27 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
As rainfall travels down the hills of the Parkfairfax neighborhood, the momentum sweeps it past the slim gutters meant to catch the water, propelling it further downhill to devastating effect….
Cloud is a 10-year-old black and brown medium-haired cat searching for her forever home. Currently up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, she has a decade of…
A 23-year-old Lorton man was charged with driving while intoxicated after allegedly crashing into four cars in Old Town. The crash occurred near the intersection of S. Patrick Street and…
Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria! ☔ Today’s weather: Light rain in the morning and afternoon. High of 51 and low of 33. ⛅ Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of…
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are: