Good Monday morning, Alexandria!
☔ Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 46 and low of 34.
⛅ Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 45 and low of 33. Sunrise at 7:28 am and sunset at 5:05 pm.
🚨 You need to know
The story came out late on Friday, so in case you missed it: Atlas Brew Works is coming to Carlyle.
The D.C.-based brewery — a popular spot in the Ivy City neighborhood and locally renowned for its trivia night — announced plans to open at 2501 Mandeville Lane later this year.
The new location is in the Carlyle Crossing development, just across from the AMC theater.
📈 Friday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Jan 6, 2023.
- ALXnow’s top stories this week in Alexandria (1383 views)
- Suspect posts bond after gunfire incident in Old Town on New Year’s Eve (999 views)
- Atlas Brew Works announces plans for new Carlyle location (715 views)
- Notes: Metro train operator arrested for a DWI after fiasco near Van Dorn station (655 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- What are Your Thoughts on Alexandria’s Plan to Reduce Community-Wide Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 80%?
Zebra (Saturday @ 11:24 am)
- VA Restaurants Cited: Via Veneto, Quickfire Hibachi, Golden Buffet
Patch (Friday @ 8:51 pm)
- Alexandria’s William Ramsay Elementary Teaches Kids Bike-Riding in PE Class
Zebra (Friday @ 5:52 pm)
- Alexandria Pet Of The Week: Reptar Is Content With Snuggles, Treats
Patch (Friday @ 5:03 pm)
- Atlas Brew Works to Open Brewery and Tap Room in Alexandria
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 5:03 pm)
- New 2023 Chamber of Commerce Leadership Brings Diversity to Alexandria
Zebra (Friday @ 4:58 pm)
- Join the 2023 Alexandria St. Patrick’s Day Parade!
Zebra (Friday @ 3:17 pm)
- Audio Porn, School Investigated, Pedestrian Deaths Soar: Top VA News
Patch (Friday @ 2:55 pm)
- Submit Nominations Virginia’s Outsanding Crossing Guard Award by January 20
Zebra (Friday @ 2:29 pm)
- Volleyball Star Athlete Organizes Leukemia, Lymphoma Fundraiser
Patch (Friday @ 2:15 pm)
- Our View: The power of love and goodwill
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 1:36 pm)
- Starting off fresh
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 1:08 pm)
- Scholarship opens for CNA course
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:57 pm)
- Nepenthe Gallery to feature local artists
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:51 pm)
- Fulton appointed to ALX Electoral Board
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:48 pm)
- ACPS Budget Proposal Includes Staff Pay Increases, Facility Resources
Patch (Friday @ 12:44 pm)
- Police arrest shots fired suspect
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 12:26 pm)
- Alderton Re-elected Alexandria School Board Chair; Superintendent Wants More Pay for Teachers
Zebra (Friday @ 12:08 pm)
- Grover the Smart Cookie Seeks Home
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 8:03 am)
- Feeding our Feathered Friends This Winter
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:55 am)
- No Turn on Red Restrictions Considered in Old Town
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:27 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
The redevelopment of the Montgomery Center has pushed some businesses out of Alexandria or out of business, but a clever re-use of an old funding authority may help The Art…
Hundreds solemnly gathered outside Police Headquarters this morning to dedicate the Alexandria Police Department Suicide Memorial. The names of officers Jason Kline, who died in 2004, and his best friend,…
Work is finally getting underway next week on a complete overhaul of the busy King/Callahan/Russell intersection. Work is expected to start the first week of October. Drivers going through the…
Step inside a cult-classic inspired world at DC Fray’s can’t-miss Halloween party packed with endless references to iconic films and music from the ‘80s and ‘90s. Vibe to retro sounds…
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
Our local therapy practice is delighted to welcome Stacey Cali, Resident in Counseling, who has openings now for new clients. Stacey specializes in therapy for women, couples, teens and families. A graduate of George Mason University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters Program, Stacey is also passionate about working with people with addiction.
Stacey’s approach: “Therapy’s a powerful combination of reflection, support and action. You’ll find sessions are filled with empowerment, compassion, goal setting and a metaphorical shovel to dig deep to find the root of your difficulties and how to move past them.”
Adds Stacey, “As a therapist who works with women, teens, couples and families, I use a personalized style of counseling, tailored to you as an individual. You’re the expert in your life, I’m just here to guide you towards transformation and healing.”