What’s your costume this Halloween? there are a bunch of parties going on in Alexandria where you and your friends can show off.
Below is a list of events this weekend, and on the big day, Monday, October 31.
Families can get their fix of stories with Colonial Ghosts & Graveyards Tours, which run every day between now and Halloween.
Thursday, October 27
- Sleepy Howllow at Brewski’s Barkhaus (529 E. Howell Avenue) — The Barkhaus anniversary and Halloween celebration goes from 7:30 to 10 p.m., and tickets cost $55 for non-members and $40 for members. One registered dog per-person allowed.
Friday, October 28
- The Frights and Pints Old Town Alexandria Tours bar crawl will snake its way through Old Town on Friday night. The haunted pub crawl costs $28 per person, and starts at the Alexandrian Hotel (480 King Street). The only tickets available now are at 7:30 p.m.
- Ghost Tails at Mount Purrnon Cat Cafe and Wine Bar (109 S. Alfred Street) — The party runs is from 7 to 8 p.m. and tickets cost $25 per person for anyone 12 and up.
Saturday, October 29
- Hocus Pocus Brunch at King & Rye (480 King Street) — From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m, the restaurant will offer themed cocktails. There will also be an “epic” costume contest with $100 gift card to the restaurant as the main prize.
- 2nd Annual Carlyle Halloween Stampede — No one under the age of 21 is allowed in this bar crawl, which costs $10 for admission. Partiers can start at any of the participating locations: Whiskey & Oyster (301 John Carlyle Street), Sweet Fire Donna’s (510 John Carlyle Street), Tequila and Taco (540 John Carlyle Street) or Lost Boy Cider (317 Hooffs Run Drive).
- 5th Annual Halloween Bar Crawl — The party starts at The LIghthorse at 3 p.m., and tickets range from $18 per person for groups of people, or $22 per person.
- Costume party at Village Brauhaus (710 King Street) — The best-dressed male, female and couple costume contest begins at 9 p.m.
- Ghost Tails at Mount Purrnon Cat Cafe and Wine Bar (109 S. Alfred Street) — The party runs is from 8 to 9 p.m. and tickets cost $25 per person for anyone 12 and up.
- Ravens Night at the Birchmere (3701 Mount Vernon Avenue) — The tenth annual event features fusion belly dance, live music, a costume contest and a pre-show carnival. The party starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets cost $35 per person.
Sunday, October 30
- The Del Ray Halloween Parade — This free event starts at 2 p.m. at Mount Vernon Avenue and E. Bellefonte Avenue and ends with live music and prizes at the Mount Vernon Recreation Center athletic fields.
- Edgar Allan Poe in Alexandria — Actor David Keltz returns to The Lyceum (201 S. Washington Street) to re-create Poe’s visit to Virginia in 1849, shortly before his death.Tickets cost $20.
Monday, October 31
- 11th Annual Boo Cycle Ride — This annual 15-mile bike ride starts 5:30 p.m. at City Hall (301 King Street). Riders must have lights on their bikes, although costumes are optional.
- Halloween Game Night Party at Glory Days Grill (3141 Duke Street) — The evening will include board games, a costume contest and door prizes.
A 31-year-old Maryland man is being held without bond for allegedly robbing a 28-year-old woman in the Landmark area on Saturday night (Nov. 26). Police said that the incident was…
Alexandria’s revenue tax is growing, but too sluggishly to keep pace with the expenditures — leading to a $17 million shortfall as the city heads into budget season. That estimate,…
With the holiday season approaching, a prerequisite for some family gatherings could be a negative Covid test. With Curative shutting down its testing kiosks throughout the region that might get…
Discover the festive events taking place during the month of December across various neighborhoods in Alexandria.
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
High School Senior Anxious about College Life? Our amazing graduate interns, Meghan Damminger and Kelly Charwat are starting an affordable College Readiness group in early 2023. Working out day and time. Please email [email protected] to set up a free consultation after the Thanksgiving holiday. And yes, Meghan and Kelly have a few openings for individual clients as well. Their rate is $45 per session. [www.sarahmoorelpc.com](http://www.sarahmoorelpc.com/?fbclid=IwAR3ZlfQnSLVRCc78HbTZutDYZErTctC_5pl- zt4eo_wjQo1gF6uHS–k32g).
Don’t miss this toe tapping celebration!
The Symphony Orchestra of Northern Virginia (SONOVA) presents “Brassy Jazzy Christmas,” a strong lineup of Christmas and holiday favorites. Inspired by Stan Keton’s album “A Merry Christmas!,” SONOVA has created a jazz band–substituting french
Join in Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition- the 47th Turkey Trot 5 Mile Race. Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving morning tradition, the Alexandria Turkey Trot, returns to the streets of Del Ray on Thursday, November 24 at 9 a.m. In the spirit of