Drivers along Duke Street in the West End should expect lane closures starting tonight and continuing intermittently through Friday, June 24.
The closures are connected to work on the Duke Street bridge over I-395 near Lincolnia. Planned improvements for the bridge include replacing the concrete bridge deck and beams, upgrading the westbound sidewalk to a shared-use path and widening the eastbound sidewalk.
The project is expected to be completed in Winter 2023 or early 2024.
According to VDOT, there will be closures on:
- Friday night, June 10: Two lanes of the southbound 395 Express Lanes between Seminary Road and Duke Street will be closed from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m., with two full stoppages of up to 20 minutes each occurring between midnight and 2 a.m. Backup dates are Saturday night, June 11 and Sunday night, June 12 in case inclement weather occurs.
- Sunday night, June 12 and Monday night, June 13: The two left southbound I-395 general purpose lanes between Seminary Road and Duke Street will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Tuesday night, June 14 through Thursday night, June 16: The three left southbound I-395 general purpose lanes between Seminary Road and Duke Street will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Friday night, June 17: The three left southbound I-395 general purpose lanes between Seminary Road and Duke Street will be closed from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Sunday night, June 19 through Wednesday night, June 22: The three left southbound I-395 general purpose lanes between Seminary Road and Duke Street will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thursday night, June 23 and Friday night, June 24: The two right southbound I-395 general purpose lanes between Seminary Road and Duke Street will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
VDOT warned that drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes.
The Alexandria Police Department said in a release that a handgun was confiscated from a student at Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy (530 S St Asaph Street) today. According to the release:…
It’s been a busy news week in Alexandria. On the positive site: one of the bigger stories is that the city achieved zero traffic fatalities in 2023. It’s a significant…
If you’re looking for something to do tonight (Friday), Gadsby’s Tavern Museum is hosting a 21-and-over “Tavern Games Night“. The event is scheduled for 7-9 p.m. at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum…
The Alexandria Police Department (APD) arrested Robert Walker, a 34-year-old D.C. resident, for a carjacking just a few blocks away from APD headquarters and striking a police vehicle. Police said…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.