After few months after purchasing 515 King Street — the big brutalist building in Old Town with a big clock on the side — Douglas Development is pitching a building overhaul to the city’s Board of Architectural Review (BAR).
The purchase of 515 King Street is just one of many recent acquisitions along King Street by Douglas Development.
According to a permit application scheduled for review at the Wednesday, June 15 BAR meeting. According to the permit, planned changes for the building include:
- A new painted exterior to the brick building — images included with the application show it as a darker grey.
- Added storefront windows along King Street and the other sides of the building
- A new office lobby canopy facing King Street
- A new “address sculpture” (in lieu of a tree in a planter box on King Street)
- Expanded ground floor storefront
The building will also have a 5th-floor roof deck facing King Street. The new building will also have railing along a raised sidewalk to make the building ADA accessible from King Street.
ALXnow is heading into another long weekend with Fourth of July on Monday. The big stories this week involved back-and-forths over city policy, from a new conditional height increase to…
Open Houses includes a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fenced backyard, new roof and sun porch.
A 3 BD/2 BA updated brick townhome with an enclosed backyard and rear deck is included in Just Listed.
Alexandria City Public Schools expects its interim superintendent to serve for the entire 2022-2023 school year, according to a new job listing for the position. “It is anticipated that this…