A series of daily events starting later this week will have the dual benefit of helping out local businesses and Alexandrians looking to get some Christmas shopping done.
The ‘Shop Small Week’ started as a mostly digital event last year to help local businesses slammed by the pandemic. The retail events, put together by Visit Alexandria, start on Friday, Nov. 26, with “Plaid Friday” followed by a Small Business Saturday event on Nov. 27.
“Alexandria Shop Small Week kicks off with Plaid Friday,” Visit Alexandria said in a press release. “Nearly 50 independent shops are touting one-of-a-kind deals on designer and coveted merchandise, including home décor, chic fashion, gourmet food, classic toys and gifts for pets.”
On Saturday, Visit Alexandria said there will be live music on KinG street and discounts at various local boutiques in Old Town and Del Ray.
For both events, parking at the following garages in Old Town will be free:
- Courthouse Square Parking Garage — 111 S. Pitt Street
- Market Square Parking Garage — 108 N. Fairfax Street
- USP Parking Garage — 220 N. Union Street
- Thompson’s Alley Parking Garage — 10 Thompsons Alley
Through the following Thursday, there are daily discounts and events planned:
- Museum Store Sunday (Nov. 28) — Visit Alexandria said there will be 20% discounts at Alexandria museum stores, discounts on select merchandise, and stocking stuffers available at the Alexandria Visitor Center.
- Cyber Monday (Nov. 29) — Roughly 40 Alexandria stores are offering discounts, free gifts with purchase, and free shipping on Monday.
- Giving Tuesday (Nov. 30) — Some Alexandria shops and restaurants will donate a percentage of purchases to Alexandria non-profits in partnership with the Old Town Business Association.
- Giveaway Wednesday (Dec. 1) — Visit Alexandria will be sharing giveaway information for hotel stays, massages, and gift cards.
- Moonlight Merriment (Dec. 2) — Giving up slightly on the weekday theme, Visit Alexandria said carolers and musicians will be serenading at local shopping and dining establishments in Old Town from 5-8 p.m. that evening.
Except for the shots fired in the Braddock neighborhood, it’s been a relatively quiet week in Alexandria. The water was still settling on Monday after the big drop on Friday:…
Things are about to slow down in school zones. The Alexandria School Board on Thursday (October 6) unanimously approved a resolution requesting a reduction from 25 miles per hour to…
Home hunt highlights includes a 1 BD/1 BA condo with floor-to-ceiling windows and open living room.
A 5 BD/5 BA home with a fully fenced yard, fire pit and screened in porch is included in Just Listed.
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and