Buying an existing business can be easier than starting from scratch.
The latest listings on BizBuySell show businesses for sale in and around Alexandria. Many are restaurants, which have been heavily impacted by the pandemic.
The website aggregates numerous business sale listings. The names and locations are generally left out, but there are exceptions.
Reasons for selling, when provided, typically do not mention economic hardship, but more often involve the owner retiring or not having time to actively run the business.
Here are some that are currently listed:
- 30-Year-Old Deli — “Clean and well run Deli in office park with schools and healthcare facilities as neighbors. The business has been operated absentee for several years and has produced a profit of $45,000+ for the owners. A owner operator can expect to earn $90,000+. Running absentee requires excess help to ensure the Deli is no short handed. Online rating are all above 4 stars. Well known for delicious sandwiches and subs.”
- Alexandria Auto Body Garage For Sale — “Auto body shop in the Cameron Park section of Alexandria, one block off Duke Street. Unique opportunity to take over an existing business, or start a similar industrial use.”
- Beautiful Modern Laundromat for Sale — “Beautiful modern laundromat in a great location! 21st century laundromat with card system, customized folding tables, modern design, with high-powered energy efficient machines. Location is about 4000 SF located near many current and upcoming apartment complexes. Long-term 10 tear lease with 5 year option. This place is fully card operated and can be easily managed from home with one visit a week.”
- Alexandria’s Premier Salon and Spa — “Hair salon and spa, established in 2011, with huge clientele and fantastic reviews. State of the art equipment. Bright, inviting atmosphere, with contemporary decor. Surrounded by highly-frequented restaurants and shops in a well populated residential neighborhood. High-street visibility, easy access, high pedestrian and vehicle traffic, with ample parking.”
- Absentee-Owner Gourmet Pizza & Italian With Loyal Following — “This high-visibility restaurant has long been a destination and neighborhood favorite with locals – it continues to enjoy a following as a gourmet take-out option for pizza and all Italian cuisine favorites. Purchased in 2019 as a decades-old chef-owned establishment, the new owner invested in a complete turn around, nearly doubling sales and converting the business model to absentee ownership. Owner has refrained from applying for PPP or other SBA loans so that new owner might be able to take advantage of those opportunities.”
- Beautiful Hair & Nail Spa for Sale/Price Reduced — “Great opportunity!!! Serious Inquiries only. Beautiful and well established Hair & Nail Spa for Sale in a very busy shopping center. Seller is retiring after many successful years in the business. Beautiful & Very efficiently designed. 6 years old Spa. Established, loyal customers. Reasonable rent & excellent location. 10 Hair stations, 5 Dryers, 3 Shampoo stations, 8 Manicure Tables, 8 Pedicure chairs, 3 Waxing rooms, 2 Facial Rooms, 1 Body scrub. There is plenty of room to expand. Room to grow by improving social media and other marketing and adding massage service.”
- Profitable Nail Salon & Spa — “Beautiful salon built from the ground up that is profitable even during the pandemic of 2020. Showing of the Salon, Business Income Tax figures and Bank Statements through out 2020 will be provided to potential Buyer after Buyer signed the Non-Disclosure form and disclosed to Listing Broker Buyer’s financial ability to buy. Great opportunity to own a turn-key beauty salon with potential for greater profitability in a growing, developing community here in Fairfax County, Virginia.”
- Established Asian Fusion Restaurant in Old Town — “Super Busy main street at Old Town Alexandria. Has been in operation for 18 years, established royal customers. Has huge potential to increase the volume if adding catering business. Business gross sales didn’t get impact by Covid.”
- Coin Laundry/Laundromats — “No Exception, Non-Disclosure must be signed in person meeting, No emailing signing. We can meet at anywhere in Fairfax county to sign NDA with appointment.”
- Pet Grooming Business — “Well-established pet grooming business for sale!”
- Plumbing Company — “Very profitable commercial plumbing company with speciality services and all phases of full service plumbing needs. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to acquire this Well-established Northern Virginia plumbing company, rapidly growing, with a solid client list and repeat business. This high-end company operates in the new build out market as well as the repair and replacement and service markets. Sales have continuously grown over the past 3 years with no signs of stopping.”
- Well Known Deli in Alexandria Part of Fairfax County — “This money making Deli been there 23 years and very well known in town. most busy deli shop around Fairfax Country, Alexandria VA Great location deli and sandwich shop. after 23 years, seller wants to retire. Don’t miss out on this Deli shop.”
- Mexican Restaurant & Bar Can Convert MRB VA 876 — “This Profitable Mexican Restaurant for Sale has been open and operating profitably for eight years. The location is on a high traffic road and surrounded by residential. This is a turnkey situation on a restaurant that has been grossing in excess of $840,000 annually with profits to an absentee owner of $80,000 annually. Nice full service bar. Outdoor Seating!! Great opportunity for a new on hand owner/operator to take this business to the next level. MUST SEE.”
- Taco Place For Sale — “Great location in Alexandria, very favorite Mexican restaurant, nice location, open kitchen with low rent 4800 nnn, 6 days operation.”
- Mexican Restaurant in High Traffic Shopping Center — “Great opportunity to take over an established restaurant in a high traffic shopping center. There is unlimited upside potential with this nicely equipped kitchen and fully built out space. A new owner could keep it as the current Mexican/Latino restaurant format or convert it to a new concept. The restaurant has excellent online reviews and is very popular with locals in Lorton, Fort Belvior, Springfield, and Newington area. This opportunity is priced to sell and it won’t last long!”
- 5 Days Deli in Alexandria Asking $175,000 — “WELL ESTABLISHED 5 DAY DELI SANDWICH SHOP FOR SALE IN ALEXANDRIA VA. RENT $4,500 ( INCLUDE UTILITY, TAX ). FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN. GREATER CASH FLOW BUSINESS; ADD YOUR OWN CONCEPT. ADD DELIVERY, ONLINE ORDERING.”
- Restaurant Bar — “Exceptional opportunity to purchase this turn key restaurant in popular Mt Vernon area of Alexandria. Continue to operate as is or easily change to any concept. 80 seats in plus 25 out. Absentee owner looking for offers; long term lease – 19 years. $11,000 monthly. $1,100,000 yearly sales – asking $225,000.”
- Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar for Sale — “Established Business for Sale. Owner is looking to retire from business. All equipment is owned and in good condition, except the dishwasher is leased. Asking price is negotiable, send your offers!”
Optometry Practices — “Two established Optical/Optometry stores for sale. Both locations have street frontage visibility, are located in upscale parts of town, and have high sales and cash flow.”
- Longstanding Italian Restaurant for Sale — “Purchase this Long-Standing Italian Restaurant for Sale in Alexandria and be ready to go from day one! Tons of loyal customers already in place at this turn-key opportunity. Lending available and you can be approved in just two business days on this his beautifully built-out location with sales of $404,000 and Beer/Wine license in place.”
See more Alexandria listings here.
Like expert fingers knitting a long scarf, Danielle Romanetti is busy. Romanetti’s yarn shop fibre space (1319 Prince Street) is prepped and ready for Plaid Friday, an alternative to Black…
The Alexandria Health Department is advising residents to take COVID-19 tests before and after traveling this Thanksgiving holiday weekend. “Everyone has a role in keeping COVID-19 out of holiday gatherings,”…
Included in this week’s Just Listed is a 5 BD/4 BA brick colonial home with a finished lower level, patio and fenced rear yard.
(Updated 1:30 p.m.) Police say a barricade situation that’s been ongoing for roughly 24 hours has been peacefully resolved. It started with a road-rage incident around noon yesterday (Tuesday) that…