Six people in three rowhouses in Parkfairfax were displaced from their homes Thursday morning after an electrical malfunction in a bathroom exhaust fan, according to the Alexandria Fire Department.
Fire damage was contained to the bathroom of the home, which is the 1600 block of Preston Road. Damage was estimated at $80,000. The rowhouses share walls and neighbors from two other homes were affected by smoke and were displaced.
The smoke alarm in the damaged home went off just after 8 a.m. and a small fire was quickly extinguished, according to Alexandria Fire Department spokesperson Raytevia Evans.
“Six people total were displaced from three of the three units in that row,” Evans told ALXnow. “We asked them if they would like assistance from Red Cross, but they were able to find accommodations on their own.”
AFD units are currently working a fire incident in the 1600 block of Preston Rd. Residents have been evacuated. Expect activity and avoid the area if possible.
— Alexandria Fire-EMS (@AlexandriaVAFD) February 18, 2021
Residents in Arlington and Alexandria can now report suspected sightings of the spotted lanternfly, an invasive insect spreading around the region. Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia has launched an online survey for people…
Ask McEnearney reviews the real estate during the first half of 2022.
Alexandria is developing a request for proposal (RFP) to potentially sell a tiny parcel of land at 2 King Street on the Alexandria waterfront. The 1,825-square-foot property is between Waterfront…
Children and adults who missed their Hogwarts letter can celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday with a special tour of the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum. This July 31, the Apothecary Museum will celebrate…