Presidents’ Day, or George Washington Day as it’s called in Alexandria, will come with some closures.
All city offices will be closed. Parking enforcement will be suspended that day for metered spaces and residential permit parking districts. Other closed facilities include:
- Trash and Recycling — will not be collected on Monday. Collection services will be delayed one day during the week. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection Drop-off Center at 3224 Colvin Street will be closed on Monday as well.
- Health Department — The main Health Department building, along with the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard Street) and the Teen Wellness Center (3330 King Street) will be closed.
- Impound Lot — The impound lot will be closed on Monday, and fees will not be accrued on Monday.
- The Torpedo Factory Art Center — The art center will be closed on Monday.
- Schools — All ACPS schools and offices will be closed.
- Alexandria Courts — the Alexandria Circuit Court Clerk’s Office, Alexandria Circuit Court, Alexandria General District Court, Alexandria Juvenile Court, Domestic Relations District Court and Court Service Unite will be closed.
Some facilities have limited Monday hours. Alexandria’s Animal Welfare League will be open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. by appointment. The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility, the Charles Houston and Patrick Henry Recreation Centers will be open from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Alexandria Transit Company (DASH) will operate on a Saturday schedule, and the King Street Trolley remains suspended.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is open by appointment only due to the pandemic.
The Alexandria Police Department said in a release that a handgun was confiscated from a student at Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy (530 S St Asaph Street) today. According to the release:…
It’s been a busy news week in Alexandria. On the positive site: one of the bigger stories is that the city achieved zero traffic fatalities in 2023. It’s a significant…
If you’re looking for something to do tonight (Friday), Gadsby’s Tavern Museum is hosting a 21-and-over “Tavern Games Night“. The event is scheduled for 7-9 p.m. at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum…
The Alexandria Police Department (APD) arrested Robert Walker, a 34-year-old D.C. resident, for a carjacking just a few blocks away from APD headquarters and striking a police vehicle. Police said…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.