Presidents’ Day, or George Washington Day as it’s called in Alexandria, will come with some closures.
All city offices will be closed. Parking enforcement will be suspended that day for metered spaces and residential permit parking districts. Other closed facilities include:
- Trash and Recycling — will not be collected on Monday. Collection services will be delayed one day during the week. The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection Drop-off Center at 3224 Colvin Street will be closed on Monday as well.
- Health Department — The main Health Department building, along with the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard Street) and the Teen Wellness Center (3330 King Street) will be closed.
- Impound Lot — The impound lot will be closed on Monday, and fees will not be accrued on Monday.
- The Torpedo Factory Art Center — The art center will be closed on Monday.
- Schools — All ACPS schools and offices will be closed.
- Alexandria Courts — the Alexandria Circuit Court Clerk’s Office, Alexandria Circuit Court, Alexandria General District Court, Alexandria Juvenile Court, Domestic Relations District Court and Court Service Unite will be closed.
Some facilities have limited Monday hours. Alexandria’s Animal Welfare League will be open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. by appointment. The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility, the Charles Houston and Patrick Henry Recreation Centers will be open from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The Alexandria Transit Company (DASH) will operate on a Saturday schedule, and the King Street Trolley remains suspended.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is open by appointment only due to the pandemic.