The Alexandria Redevelopment & Housing Authority (ARHA) is opening the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) and Public Housing waitlists, according to a press release.
From Jan. 11-Jan. 13, Alexandrians can submit applications for public housing. due to the pandemic, ARHA will only accept applications electronically. Exceptions can be made for those who are disabled and unable to fill out applications electronically.
ARHA faced some criticism from residents early in the pandemic from threats of eviction for violating quarantine, though ultimately the resident association praised ARHA leadership for swift action and clear communication with local residents.
According to the ARHA website:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- There are no fees for applying to ARHA’s wait lists.
- Applications will be placed on the waiting list by preference, then by the date and time the application is submitted.
- All information provided is subject to verification. Therefore, applying does not guarantee that the application will be accepted.
- ARHA does not provide emergency housing.
Staff photo by James Cullum
Fingerprints have linked a 59-year-old Alexandria man to a February 25 robbery at the 7-Eleven at 3412 Mount Vernon Avenue in the Arlandria area. The same suspect, Stanley Rivers, was…
(Updated 9:30 p.m.) After advancing in two straight preliminary races, Noah Lyles will run for the gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday. Lyles’s family is staying at a…
Last year marked the first time in 14 years that ACPS saw an enrollment decrease, and with schools headed back to in-person teaching at the end of the month it’s…
A 5 BD/3.5 BA home on a half-acre lot sold for $2.5 million, making it one of the most expensive homes sold in July.