As customers stay at home to help flatten the curve of COVID-19’s spread, many Alexandria retailers are feeling the strain. There are still ways, however, to support your local businesses without breaking quarantine.
The Del Ray Business Association has put together a list of social distancing-friendly specials in the area that will help locals support small businesses without exposing yourself or others to coronavirus.
Among the list of businesses are:
- Bellies & Babies Consignment Boutique — The child-care boutique is offering curbside delivery or shipping, as well as free grab & go activities for young children on the front step. Orders can be placed online or by calling (703) 518-8908
- Cheesetique Del Ray — The restaurant is now offering curbside pickup.
- Kiskadee — The closing store is offering free deliveries with phone orders, available at 703-549-0813
- The Purple Goose — The boutique is offering screen-free outdoor activities for children and shopping via FaceTime by calling 703-683 2918.
- Truly-Life Eco Gifts — The handmade soap store is offering free deliveries to the nearby area and a free DIY hand soap kit with purchase.
- The Neighborhood Pharmacy of Del Ray — The pharmacy is offering twice-daily delivery service, including over-the-counter medicines.
- Greener Cleaner of Del Ray — The eco-friendly dry cleaning and laundry service is offering free pick up and deliveries, available at (703) 909-8831.
- The Dog Store — The pet store is offering free delivery of dog food, treats and other needs or curbside pickup.
- Nature’s Nibbles — The health-focused pet food store is offering free deliveries on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
An unofficial list of retailers and restaurants throughout Alexandria has been circulating on social media, being updated regularly by locals on what’s open and whether they deliver.
Our small businesses are constantly innovating to best serve our community during this crisis — safely. Please support…
Photo via Cheesetique/Facebook
The city’s annual sidewalk sale is scheduled for August 14 and 15, and according to Visit Alexandria, the program is on track to be the largest one so far. According…
In the latest edition of Just Sold, we’re taking a look at properties that sold for under $500,000.
A 48-year-old woman died after being struck by a vehicle while she walked in a travel lane on Interstate 495 on the early morning of Sunday, July 25. Virginia State…
(Updated 10:20 a.m.) Starting today, much of Potomac Avenue where it runs through the Potomac Yard neighborhood will be cut down from four lanes to two for over a year…