As customers stay at home to help flatten the curve of COVID-19’s spread, many Alexandria retailers are feeling the strain. There are still ways, however, to support your local businesses without breaking quarantine.
The Del Ray Business Association has put together a list of social distancing-friendly specials in the area that will help locals support small businesses without exposing yourself or others to coronavirus.
Among the list of businesses are:
- Bellies & Babies Consignment Boutique — The child-care boutique is offering curbside delivery or shipping, as well as free grab & go activities for young children on the front step. Orders can be placed online or by calling (703) 518-8908
- Cheesetique Del Ray — The restaurant is now offering curbside pickup.
- Kiskadee — The closing store is offering free deliveries with phone orders, available at 703-549-0813
- The Purple Goose — The boutique is offering screen-free outdoor activities for children and shopping via FaceTime by calling 703-683 2918.
- Truly-Life Eco Gifts — The handmade soap store is offering free deliveries to the nearby area and a free DIY hand soap kit with purchase.
- The Neighborhood Pharmacy of Del Ray — The pharmacy is offering twice-daily delivery service, including over-the-counter medicines.
- Greener Cleaner of Del Ray — The eco-friendly dry cleaning and laundry service is offering free pick up and deliveries, available at (703) 909-8831.
- The Dog Store — The pet store is offering free delivery of dog food, treats and other needs or curbside pickup.
- Nature’s Nibbles — The health-focused pet food store is offering free deliveries on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
An unofficial list of retailers and restaurants throughout Alexandria has been circulating on social media, being updated regularly by locals on what’s open and whether they deliver.
Our small businesses are constantly innovating to best serve our community during this crisis — safely. Please support…
Photo via Cheesetique/Facebook
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. As teachers fought for a pay raise, Alexandria City High School (ACHS) students walked out of the classrooms in protest against Alexandria City…
(Updated 2:30 p.m.) The recently formed Alexandria Minority Business Association (AMBA) shared frustrations about a lawsuit putting a planned grant program on hold. The City of Alexandria approved a grant…
Yesterday, the tourism bureau Visit Alexandria presented a new logo to be used in marketing for the city. Reception online was mixed. The logo features the city’s name in lowercase…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! 🌤 Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 42 and low of 33. ⛅ Tomorrow: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 52 and low…
Bespoke women’s clothing designer, A.Oei Studio, is opening a fashion pop-up in Old Town Alexandria.
From Feb 2nd – March 29th, shop contemporary ready-to-wear pieces, view unique textile selections, and schedule a fitting for custom-made dresses, bridal and qipao.
Handcrafted in D.C., A.Oei Studio aims to offer an alternative vision of fashion – one that is centered around sustainability, artistry and personalized services.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]