The start of spring is just over a month away, which means the arrival of Girl Scout cookies is here.
You could just hope to encounter a stand somewhere on your commute, or locate a co-worker with a kid in the Scouts, but if you want to be more strategic about it, the Girl Scouts website has a cookie tracker to find your nearest stand.
You don’t even have to go that far, though, because ALXnow put a list together for where you can expect Girl Scout cookies across Alexandria this weekend and beyond.
Old Town, Eisenhower and Braddock
- Safeway (3526 King Street): Fridays 4-7 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- SunTrust (515 King Street): Fridays 4-7 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Giant (3131 Duke Street): Saturdays 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Meridian at Eisenhower (2351 Eisenhower Avenue): Saturday, Feb. 15, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Parc Meridian (750 Port Street): Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Safeway (299 S. Van Dorn): Saturdays 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Slater’s Market (1561 Potomac Greens Drive): Saturdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Ten Thousand Villages (915 King Street): Saturday, Feb. 15, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The UPS Store (3213 Duke Street): Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Carlyle Mill Apartments (2201 Mill Road): Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Carlyle Place (2251 Eisenhower Avenue): Saturday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Crate & Barrel (1700 Prince Street): Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Del Ray and Arlandria
- Bellies & Babies Consignment Boutique (1913 Mt Vernon Ave): Saturdays 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sundays 12-4 p.m.
- Department of Beer and Wine (2724 Jefferson Davis Hwy): Saturday, Feb. 29, 2-4 p.m.
- Giant (621 E Glebe Road): Saturdays 12-5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 21, 4-7 p.m.
- The Reserve at Potomac Yards (3700 Jefferson Davis Hwy): Saturdays 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- PetSmart (3351 Richmond Hwy): Fridays 3-7 p.m.
North Ridge, Seminary Hill and The West End
- Robcyns (3660 King Street): Fridays 4-6 p.m., Saturdays 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Whistle Stop and Hobbies (1721 Centre Plaza): Friday, Feb. 14 and Feb. 28, 4-7 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Giant (2901 South Glebe Road): Fridays 4-8 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sundays 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Cafe Pizzaiolo (1623 Fern Street): Saturdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Presto Valet of Virginia (1623 Quaker Lane): Saturdays 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- St Elmo’s (2300 Mt Vernon Avenue): Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- USPS (340 S. Pickett Street): Fridays 4-5:30 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe (6552-A Little River Turnpike): Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Photo via Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital/Facebook
American Horticultural Society plans for future — “Following a long saga of many ups, downs, twists and turns, the American Horticultural Society is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.” [Alexandria Times]…
A new authority responsible for promoting railways in Virginia said the only real solution to a degraded bridge over King Street is full replacement. The Virginia Passenger Rail Authority (VPRA)…
(Updated 2:30 p.m.) If you’ve got a Christmas list, there’s a mailbox in Alexandria dedicated to sending letters to Santa Claus and he’s responding. For the second straight year, Bill…
An Alexandria Police officer went undercover to assist in the arrest of a Baltimore man, who was sentenced to 15 years in prison on Monday (Nov. 28) for sex trafficking…
High School Senior Anxious about College Life? Our amazing graduate interns, Meghan Damminger and Kelly Charwat are starting an affordable College Readiness group in early 2023. Working out day and time. Please email [email protected] to set up a free consultation after the Thanksgiving holiday. And yes, Meghan and Kelly have a few openings for individual clients as well. Their rate is $45 per session. [www.sarahmoorelpc.com](http://www.sarahmoorelpc.com/?fbclid=IwAR3ZlfQnSLVRCc78HbTZutDYZErTctC_5pl- zt4eo_wjQo1gF6uHS–k32g).
Monarch Montessori School, located in the education center at 218 East Monroe Avenue, is currently enrolling infants and toddlers for the 2022-2023 school year. We’re an authentic Montessori preschool with a STEM emphasis!
We Offer: Arts & Crafts, Yoga & Pottery, Language & Early Literacy, Botany & Culinary Arts, Music Appreciation, Chorus & Language Immersion, Mathematics, Geography & Science, Practical Life & Culture.
Full-time, part-time, flexible and drop-in options!
Don’t miss this toe tapping celebration!
The Symphony Orchestra of Northern Virginia (SONOVA) presents “Brassy Jazzy Christmas,” a strong lineup of Christmas and holiday favorites. Inspired by Stan Keton’s album “A Merry Christmas!,” SONOVA has created a jazz band–substituting french
Join in Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition- the 47th Turkey Trot 5 Mile Race. Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving morning tradition, the Alexandria Turkey Trot, returns to the streets of Del Ray on Thursday, November 24 at 9 a.m. In the spirit of