The start of spring is just over a month away, which means the arrival of Girl Scout cookies is here.
You could just hope to encounter a stand somewhere on your commute, or locate a co-worker with a kid in the Scouts, but if you want to be more strategic about it, the Girl Scouts website has a cookie tracker to find your nearest stand.
You don’t even have to go that far, though, because ALXnow put a list together for where you can expect Girl Scout cookies across Alexandria this weekend and beyond.
Old Town, Eisenhower and Braddock
- Safeway (3526 King Street): Fridays 4-7 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- SunTrust (515 King Street): Fridays 4-7 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Giant (3131 Duke Street): Saturdays 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Meridian at Eisenhower (2351 Eisenhower Avenue): Saturday, Feb. 15, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Parc Meridian (750 Port Street): Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Safeway (299 S. Van Dorn): Saturdays 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Slater’s Market (1561 Potomac Greens Drive): Saturdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Ten Thousand Villages (915 King Street): Saturday, Feb. 15, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The UPS Store (3213 Duke Street): Saturdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Carlyle Mill Apartments (2201 Mill Road): Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Carlyle Place (2251 Eisenhower Avenue): Saturday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Crate & Barrel (1700 Prince Street): Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Del Ray and Arlandria
- Bellies & Babies Consignment Boutique (1913 Mt Vernon Ave): Saturdays 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sundays 12-4 p.m.
- Department of Beer and Wine (2724 Jefferson Davis Hwy): Saturday, Feb. 29, 2-4 p.m.
- Giant (621 E Glebe Road): Saturdays 12-5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 21, 4-7 p.m.
- The Reserve at Potomac Yards (3700 Jefferson Davis Hwy): Saturdays 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- PetSmart (3351 Richmond Hwy): Fridays 3-7 p.m.
North Ridge, Seminary Hill and The West End
- Robcyns (3660 King Street): Fridays 4-6 p.m., Saturdays 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Whistle Stop and Hobbies (1721 Centre Plaza): Friday, Feb. 14 and Feb. 28, 4-7 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Giant (2901 South Glebe Road): Fridays 4-8 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sundays 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Cafe Pizzaiolo (1623 Fern Street): Saturdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Presto Valet of Virginia (1623 Quaker Lane): Saturdays 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- St Elmo’s (2300 Mt Vernon Avenue): Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- USPS (340 S. Pickett Street): Fridays 4-5:30 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe (6552-A Little River Turnpike): Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Photo via Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital/Facebook
This week saw possibly the most contentious meeting between the City Council and School Board in years for a debate over School Resources Officers that ultimately culminated in the Council…
The Scholarship Fund of Alexandria has raised enough funding to establish a new scholarship that will be named after a beloved former teacher. The recently retired Beverly Vick was a…
Months after the majority of Alexandria residents were fully vaccinated, coronavirus precautions now turn toward booster shots aimed at keeping those vaccinations effective. A Pfizer vaccine booster has already been…
Featured in this week’s Just Listed is a 4 BD/3.5 BA Cape Cod home with hardwood floors and wood burning fireplace with 3,500 sq. ft. of living space.