Good Friday morning, Alexandria!
🌥️ Today’s weather: Expect a transition from mostly cloudy to sunny skies with a high temperature near 61 and a mild south wind at 3 to 7 mph. Friday night, however, brings a 30% chance of showers, primarily after 4 am, along with increasing clouds and a low around 46. The south wind will continue at 3 to 5 mph.
🚨 You need to know
The Alexandria Police Department (APD) said an arrest has been made in a shocking attempted sexual assault this past weekend in Potomac Yard.
Late in the evening on Saturday, a woman called the police and said that after parking her car on the 2200 block of Main Line Blvd, an unknown man attacked her, tried to pull her into an alley, and tried to force her pants off.
The woman told police she was able to fight him and get away. Police launched a manhunt in the area searching for the man and put out a call for camera footage from neighbors or information about anyone who may have seen anything suspicious.
APD said last night (Thursday) that an adult male suspect in the case was arrested in another jurisdiction.
An APD spokesperson told ALXnow that they were not releasing the name or photo yet because the suspect was in another jurisdiction.
Image via Google Maps
📈 Thursday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Feb 8, 2024.
- Alexandria City Council unanimously unhappy over proposed makeup of Virginia Stadium Authority (4127 views)
- Alexandria hosting open house next week on planned King Street changes near the Bradlee Shopping Center (1635 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Alexandria Choral Society Performs Requiem by Gabriel Fauré March 9
Zebra (Thursday @ 6:03 pm)
- Stray Dog Aurora In Alexandria Ready To Find Forever Home
Patch (Thursday @ 5:02 pm)
- Volunteers Needed to Escort Honor Flight Vets Around DC War Memorials
Zebra (Thursday @ 4:38 pm)
- Board of Architectural Review-Legal Notice of a Public Hearing
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 3:51 pm)
- Alexandria Tax Base Sees Minimal Increase In 2024
Patch (Thursday @ 11:44 am)
- Filling in the Blanks with Melanie Kay-Wyatt: Make an impact and join the ACPS team
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:08 am)
- There’s a better process
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:04 am)
- Learning disruptions hurt all
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:02 am)
- Billionaire in front, residents take a back seat
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:00 am)
- Pro-Palestine note was hostile
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 8:58 am)
- Kindred Spirits: Wine is a love language
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 8:54 am)
- Port City Flavor: Dining with Love
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 8:48 am)
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce Endorses Potomac Yard Sports Arena Asking General Assembly to Vote it Through
Zebra (Thursday @ 7:37 am)
- Rubia’s Tacos to Change to Mediterranean Concept
Alexandria Living (Thursday @ 7:36 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today and this weekend in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- 9:30 am Saturday: Common Interest Communities Education Series: Managing Community Conflicts
- 6:00 pm Saturday: St. Valentine’s Day Gala & Dinner Auction
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.