Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria!
☀️ Today’s weather: Expect sunshine and a high near 46, with calm winds picking up from the south at 5 to 9 mph during the morning. For Tuesday night, the sky will be mostly clear and the temperature will drop to around 32. South winds of 5 to 7 mph will shift to the west after midnight.
🚨 You need to know
The Washington Post reported that lawmakers discussing a new Potomac Yard home for the Washington Capitals and Wizards voted in favor of the deal yesterday.
The Major Economic Investment (MEI) Project Approval Commission met on Monday and voted to support the new complex in Potomac Yard, which would include a music venue/convention center, a hotel, the sports center, and $200 million in transportation funding, NBC reported.
Any plans for a new Potomac Yard stadium would still need approval from the General Assembly as well as Alexandria’s City Council.
📈 Monday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Dec 11, 2023.
- BREAKING: Washington Capitals and Wizards could move to Potomac Yard (19177 views)
- Alexandria City Public Schools unveils two logo redesigns and gets skewered on social media (5005 views)
- Police investigate two gunfire incidents near Holmes Run (2102 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Alexandria School Board January 2024 Special Election: How To Vote
Patch (Monday @ 5:04 pm)
- Looking for Unique Holiday Gifts for Everyone On Your List? Visit the Shops at Mount Vernon
Zebra (Monday @ 3:53 pm)
- Could the Caps and Wizards Move to Alexandria?
Alexandria Living (Monday @ 3:25 pm)
- Save a Life During the Holidays: Donate Blood Dec. 18 at Fire Works Pizza in Arlington
Zebra (Monday @ 2:21 pm)
- Adopt a Pet in Alexandria: Meet Honey
Zebra (Monday @ 12:47 pm)
- AARP Virginia Says Do Your Research Before Donating This Holiday Season
Zebra (Monday @ 12:12 pm)
- Vice Mayor Amy Jackson Runs For Alexandria Mayor
Patch (Monday @ 12:10 pm)
- PetMedic Urgent Veterinary Care to Open in Old Town
Alexandria Living (Monday @ 9:31 am)
- Stolen Car Recovered, Suspect Arrested In Alexandria: Police
Patch (Monday @ 9:31 am)
- Jackson Announces Run for Mayor
Alexandria Living (Monday @ 9:13 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.