Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria!
🌤 Today’s weather: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
🌤 Tomorrow: Sunny, with a high near 74.
🚨 You need to know
Alexandria BASH will open at 2409 Mandeville Lane, near the Hoffman Town Center.
According to the BASH website:
Looking to add something different to your routine? Meet BASH, the boxing-inspired full-body group fitness experience FOR EVERYONE opening in Alexandria in 2023! Half boxing and half strength & conditioning, BASH is bringing the ULTIMATE full body burn to the Carlyle Crossing center this year.
Image via BASH Boxing/Facebook
📈 Monday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for May 8, 2023.
- Alexandria man arrested after shots fired, police chase on I-395 (3211 views)
- Alexandria woman sentenced 41 months in prison for wire fraud (3145 views)
- Notes: Alexandria’s yellow Metro line reopens (558 views)
- ACPS unveils new two-year agreement with police department for school resource officers (538 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Yoo’s Martial Arts In Hybla Valley Strikes Gold On International Stage
Patch (Monday @ 5:02 pm)
- Flower Moon Over National Harbor and The Capital Wheel Near Washington D.C.
Zebra (Monday @ 4:22 pm)
- Cappies Review: ‘The Sister Act’ At Alexandria City High School
Patch (Monday @ 3:51 pm)
- Needs Home: Sweet Orange Tabby in Alexandria Loves Squirrel-Watching and Being Silly–Adoption Fees Already Paid!
Zebra (Monday @ 2:07 pm)
- Fraudulent Cell Phone Resales Lead To Sentence For Alexandria Woman
Patch (Monday @ 10:58 am)
- Metro’s Yellow Line Service Returns, New Station Opening Approaches
Patch (Monday @ 10:22 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
It was another busy week in Alexandria. The fallout of Wilson’s announcement that he would not run for reelection continues, with two City Council members — Vice Mayor Amy Jackson…
A small but dedicated team of volunteers spent last Saturday clearing trash from Holmes Run near the Charles Beatley Library. The City of Alexandria celebrated twelve volunteers who helped in…
With the advent of virtual learning in public schools during the Covid pandemic, it seemed like snow days would become a thing of the past. In late 2021, Alexandria said…
A 4 BD/4.5 BA brick townhome with four finished levels, multiple fireplaces and a brick patio is included in Just Listed.
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Get ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll with this one-of-a-kind, high-octane rockabilly concert experience! Rockabilly Rumble is the all-new, musical experience celebrating the southern rock music that exploded on the scene in the 1950s. Organized by Alexandria City High School Alum and pro-musician Sam C. Jones, this band of world-class performers will have you dancing in your Blue Suede Shoes all night long with songs made famous by Bo Ridley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and more. Relive their most popular hits, along with some forgotten gems. “Rockabilly Rumble” is a dance-worthy, foot stomping evening you’ll never forget!
This show is 21+ only.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL ID. A PICTURE OF YOUR ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.