Good Thursday morning, Alexandria!
☔ Today’s weather: Sprinkles early. Overcast. Cool. High of 59.
☔ Tomorrow: Sprinkles early. Overcast. Cool. High of 57 and low of 49. Sunrise at 6:44 am and sunset at 7:36 pm.
🚨 You need to know
A rabbit-themed art and activities festival is making a comeback at the Torpedo Factory Art Center (105 North Union Street) this weekend.
BunnyFest features artwork inspired by rabbits, hands-on activities and demonstrations. Guests can also meet rabbits from Friends of Rabbits, a nonprofit rescue group for domestic rabbits.
In addition to bunny-themed crafts, visitors can pick up some rabbit-themed artwork from Torpedo Factory artists or silflay at some waterfront restaurants.
The event is on Saturday, April 8, and runs from noon to 4 p.m.
📈 Wednesday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Apr 5, 2023.
- Alexandria armed robbery suspect allegedly ordered victim to send money via Cash App (1695 views)
- Notes: New hospital approved by state for Franconia-Springfield | ALXnow (817 views)
- Work starts on new Alexandria waterfront ‘Maritime Heritage Center’ celebrating the Age of Sail (388 views)
- Alexandria band Hanoi Ragmen and ACHS teacher win regional Wammie Awards (208 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Double the Fun: Dos Amigos to Open Second Location in Alexandria
Alexandria Living (Wednesday @ 6:30 pm)
- Work Begins on Permanent Home for Tall Ship Providence Along Alexandria Waterfront
Zebra (Wednesday @ 5:26 pm)
- Students From Alexandria’s Thomas Jefferson High Finalists in International Math Competition
Zebra (Wednesday @ 2:47 pm)
- Alexandria Man’s Hunch Ends Up Multiplying His VA Lottery Win To $100K
Patch (Wednesday @ 11:55 am)
- Events Coming Up This Spring at Mount Vernon
Alexandria Living (Wednesday @ 10:48 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
It’s been another week bookended with violence in Alexandria’s West End. On Saturday, a man was shot in the Landmark area during a suspected carjacking. The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries….
Alexandrians should brace for a stormy weekend. Rain is likely to kick off tonight after 11 p.m. and there’s a good chance it will continue through the weekend as a…
There were no injuries or arrests after gunfire was reported in the West End early Friday morning — a separate incident from the other West End shooting this morning where…
A 2 BD/1.5 BA home with refinished floors, renovated bathroom and fenced backyard is included in Just Listed.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING brings people a fast, affordable, and high-quality solution for all of their interior or exterior residential and commercial painting projects. We respect your time as much as you do and provide the quality paint job you expect, in a timeline that is unexpected.
Schedule a consult today:
The Made in ALX Fall Makers’ Market at Port City Brewing Co. in Alexandria is set for Sunday, Sept. 24!
This is the fall’s most fun sip-and-shop, featuring craft beer from the award-winning Port City Brewing Co. along with food,