Good Monday morning, Alexandria!
🌤 Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 51 and low of 35.
⛅ Tomorrow: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 59 and low of 35. Sunrise at 7:11 am and sunset at 7:21 pm.
🚨 You need to know
The Motley Fool Inc. has been one of the big staples of Carlyle’s office space, but the Washington Business Journal reported the investment firm is scaling down its Alexandria headquarters.
The firm is located ta 2000 Duke Street and leases 114,000 square feet, but the Washington Business Journal said its dropping to around 34,000 feet — reducing the office down to a single floor.
📈 Friday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Mar 17, 2023.
- Poll: How should Alexandria handle Confederate-honoring street renaming? (1348 views)
- JUST IN: Seminary Road reopen after two-vehicle crash (1324 views)
- ALXnow’s top stories this week in Alexandria (922 views)
- Veterinary Emergency Group wants to open 24-hour veterinary hospital in the West End (700 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Alexandria Students Launch Mock NASA Project by Building Mars Rover Simulation
Zebra (Sunday @ 11:53 am)
- City of Alexandria Hosting Expungement Clinic Saturday, March 25
Zebra (Sunday @ 10:30 am)
- Our View: Walking in sunshine
Alexandria Times (Saturday @ 10:01 am)
- ‘The most difficult portfolio’: Former ambassador discusses Turkey’s earthquakes, strategic importance
Alexandria Times (Saturday @ 9:56 am)
- School Metal Detectors, Redevelopment Opposition: Top VA News
Patch (Friday @ 2:11 pm)
- Weapons Screening Program Approved By Alexandria School Board
Patch (Friday @ 1:18 pm)
- Happy-Go-Lucky Rylie Looking for Active Family
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 12:52 pm)
- ARTStravaganza: St. Stephen’s and St. Agnes Celebrates 20 Years of Performing and Visual Arts
Zebra (Friday @ 11:56 am)
- Tick-Borne Babesiosis On The Rise: What To Know In Virginia
Patch (Friday @ 10:59 am)
- Alexandria Health Department Set For Relocation To New Building
Patch (Friday @ 9:41 am)
- New 91-Unit Affordable Housing Project Set for Approval
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:16 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
A coalition of organizations and City agencies has put together a survey to assess the quality of housing around the city. Alexandria’s Healthy Homes Network is launching the engagement project…
Good Wednesday morning, Alexandria! ☀️ Today’s weather: Expect sunny conditions with a high of around 39 degrees, accompanied by a south wind blowing at 6 to 10 mph. The night…
Single-family-only zoning is no more in Alexandria. Alexandria’s City Council voted unanimously at around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 29, to approve the Zoning for Housing/Housing for All initiative. The…
Douglass Memorial Cemetery (1421 Wilkes Street) has long suffered flooding and neglect, but the City of Alexandria said plans to address issues at the cemetery will be presented at a…
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical