A number of New Year’s Eve parties are being voluntarily canceled in Alexandria, and some businesses scaling back their services. All of this, of course, is in response to a dramatic jump in COVID-19 infections over the last month.
According to the Del Ray Business Association, the following businesses have stopped in-person service:
- Del Ray Pizzeria: Take-out only
- Elo’s Italian: Closed this week; carry-out New Year’s Eve menu for parties of two-to-four available for pre-order
- The Garden: Closed through Sunday, Jan. 2
- Stomping Ground: Take-out only
- Stracci Pizza: Take-out only with limited outdoor seating, weather permitting
- Swings Coffee Roasters: Take-out only
In Old Town, the rising tide of new cases led to the cancelation of First Night Alexandria, the city’s New Year’s Eve celebration.
These businesses have canceled their New Year’s Eve parties:
- Barca Pier & Wine Bar
- Vola’s Dockside Grill and Hi-Tide Lounge
- The Torpedo Factory’s Olde Year’s Day celebration
These New Year’s Eve celebrations are still on:
- Village Brauhaus’ Classy Pajama Party, $50 per ticket
- Union Street Public House
- The Light Horse, $60 per ticket
- Sonoma Cellar, $100 per ticket, plus tip
- The Birchmere — New Year’s Eve with The Seldom Scene, Eastman String Band, and Wicked Sycamore, $49.50 per ticket
- Nectar Lounge, $30 per ticket
- Evening Star, $90 per ticket for outdoor New Year’s Eve bash
Del Ray Cafe, $85 per ticket for parties of up to two people
Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap, $175 per ticket
Open Houses includes a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fenced backyard, new roof and sun porch.
A 3 BD/2 BA updated brick townhome with an enclosed backyard and rear deck is included in Just Listed.
Alexandria City Public Schools expects its interim superintendent to serve for the entire 2022-2023 school year, according to a new job listing for the position. “It is anticipated that this…
Streets Market & Cafe, a grocery store on the ground level of DelRay Tower (3108 Mount Vernon Avenue) between the Del Ray and Arlandria neighborhoods, is closing. An employee at…