Stomping Ground has won the people’s hearts, and their cheddar blue corn grits with a pork ragu did the trick. The Del Ray restaurant took home top honors by winning the people’s choice in the 12th annual Taste of Del Ray.
“We were blown away by the culinary creativity of our restaurants,” said Taste of Del Ray chair Karen Johnson. “But, more than anything, we were so overwhelmed by the support of the community, even though we couldn’t hold our traditional in-person event. This was a difficult year for restaurants, and the neighborhood really came out to celebrate the talented chefs in Del Ray.”
The judges this year were Alexandria Sheriff Dana Lawhorne and Chadwicks owner Trae Lamond, and the full results of the competition are below:
- Stomping Ground
- Spice Kraft, for their Raj Kachori Chaat (Indian Street Food)
- Junction Bakery & Bistro, for their Chiquito Cubanos
- Evening Star Cafe, for their Local Coffee Custard
- Pork Barrel BBQ, for their White Chicken Chili
- Live Oak Restaurant/Elo’s Italian Pop-Up, for their Meatballs made with veal, pork, & beef, with creamy polenta, Pomodoro sauce, and Pecorino
- Honorable Mention: Swings Coffee Roasters, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Nitro Draft Latte
- Honorable Mention: Del Ray Pizzeria, Baked Avocado with Fried Egg & Cheddar
The big story in Alexandria this week was the murder of Luis Mejia Hernandez on Tuesday. Hernandez was stabbed and killed in a brawl outside of the Mcdonald’s in the…
After a Sunday storm that knocked out power to much of the city, some locals suggested Dominion Energy look into undergrounding more of its utilities, but the power company says…
A 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a slate patio, fully finished basement and over 2,000 sq. ft. is included in Open Houses.
A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Alexandria and the city is starting to see heavy rainfall. The city is also under an areal flood watch. “The National Weather…