Stomping Ground has won the people’s hearts, and their cheddar blue corn grits with a pork ragu did the trick. The Del Ray restaurant took home top honors by winning the people’s choice in the 12th annual Taste of Del Ray.
“We were blown away by the culinary creativity of our restaurants,” said Taste of Del Ray chair Karen Johnson. “But, more than anything, we were so overwhelmed by the support of the community, even though we couldn’t hold our traditional in-person event. This was a difficult year for restaurants, and the neighborhood really came out to celebrate the talented chefs in Del Ray.”
The judges this year were Alexandria Sheriff Dana Lawhorne and Chadwicks owner Trae Lamond, and the full results of the competition are below:
- Stomping Ground
- Spice Kraft, for their Raj Kachori Chaat (Indian Street Food)
- Junction Bakery & Bistro, for their Chiquito Cubanos
- Evening Star Cafe, for their Local Coffee Custard
- Pork Barrel BBQ, for their White Chicken Chili
- Live Oak Restaurant/Elo’s Italian Pop-Up, for their Meatballs made with veal, pork, & beef, with creamy polenta, Pomodoro sauce, and Pecorino
- Honorable Mention: Swings Coffee Roasters, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Nitro Draft Latte
- Honorable Mention: Del Ray Pizzeria, Baked Avocado with Fried Egg & Cheddar
Just as the school resource officer debate started to cool down, things have started heating up between the City Council local first responder unions and city leadership over pay issues….
Halloween is fast approaching and the time-honored tradition of trick-or-treating will be back in full swing. Last year, the Alexandria Health Department (AHD) had discouraged the practice for fear of…
At an upcoming Alexandria City Council meeting on Tuesday (Oct. 26), City Manager Mark Jinks is scheduled to present a planned mid-year pay increase for city employees, though local unions…
Open this Sunday from 1-3 p.m. and included in the latest Just Listed is a 4 BD/3 BA home with a gas fireplace, deck and breakfast nook.