Stomping Ground has won the people’s hearts, and their cheddar blue corn grits with a pork ragu did the trick. The Del Ray restaurant took home top honors by winning the people’s choice in the 12th annual Taste of Del Ray.
“We were blown away by the culinary creativity of our restaurants,” said Taste of Del Ray chair Karen Johnson. “But, more than anything, we were so overwhelmed by the support of the community, even though we couldn’t hold our traditional in-person event. This was a difficult year for restaurants, and the neighborhood really came out to celebrate the talented chefs in Del Ray.”
The judges this year were Alexandria Sheriff Dana Lawhorne and Chadwicks owner Trae Lamond, and the full results of the competition are below:
- Stomping Ground
- Spice Kraft, for their Raj Kachori Chaat (Indian Street Food)
- Junction Bakery & Bistro, for their Chiquito Cubanos
- Evening Star Cafe, for their Local Coffee Custard
- Pork Barrel BBQ, for their White Chicken Chili
- Live Oak Restaurant/Elo’s Italian Pop-Up, for their Meatballs made with veal, pork, & beef, with creamy polenta, Pomodoro sauce, and Pecorino
- Honorable Mention: Swings Coffee Roasters, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Nitro Draft Latte
- Honorable Mention: Del Ray Pizzeria, Baked Avocado with Fried Egg & Cheddar
What an absorbing week in Alexandria. Just as the ball gets rolling with reopening and loosened restrictions, the pandemic rears its ugly head. With coronavirus transmission levels climbing, Alexandria is…
A new state grant could help fund the city’s expensive, state-mandated RiverRenew project and offset some of the sewer rate increases for Alexandrians. According to a press release, Alexandria Renew…
As it was with the decision to reopen schools, Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) is a little behind its neighbors in deciding whether or not faculty and students will be…
Featured in the latest Just Listed in Alexandria is a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fully fenced backyard and stone patio. Explore more of this listing at the open house this Sunday from 1-3 p.m.