In the market to get into business?
The latest listings on BizBuySell show businesses for sale in and around Alexandria. Many are restaurants, which have been heavily impacted by the pandemic.
The website aggregates numerous business sale listings. The names and locations are generally left out, but there are exceptions.
Reasons for selling, when provided, typically do not mention economic hardship, but more often involve the owner retiring or not having time to actively run the business.
Here are some that are currently listed:
- Profitable Sandwich Shop and Deli — “Established in 1955, this well known deli located in a prime location of Alexandria VA is for sale to any qualified buyer… The restaurant was completely renovated in 2016 with all brand new furniture, fixtures & high end equipment. The current owner averages a $50,000 cash flow while working limited hours. Do to family circumstances, the owner needs to sell. We are now looking for a new owner/operator to bring this business to the next level.”
- 30-Year-Old Deli — “Clean and well run Deli in office park with schools and healthcare facilities as neighbors. The business has been operated absentee for several years and has produced a profit of $45,000+ for the owners. A owner operator can expect to earn $90,000+. Running absentee requires excess help to ensure the Deli is no short handed. Online rating are all above 4 stars. Well known for delicious sandwiches and subs.”
- Alexandria Auto Body Garage For Sale — “Auto body shop in the Cameron Park section of Alexandria, one block off Duke Street. Unique opportunity to take over an existing business, or start a similar industrial use.”
- Beautiful Modern Laundromat for Sale — “Beautiful modern laundromat in a great location! 21st century laundromat with card system, customized folding tables, modern design, with high-powered energy efficient machines. Location is about 4000 SF located near many current and upcoming apartment complexes. Long-term 10 tear lease with 5 year option. This place is fully card operated and can be easily managed from home with one visit a week.”
- Alexandria’s Premier Salon and Spa — “Hair salon and spa, established in 2011, with huge clientele and fantastic reviews. State of the art equipment. Bright, inviting atmosphere, with contemporary decor. Surrounded by highly-frequented restaurants and shops in a well populated residential neighborhood. High-street visibility, easy access, high pedestrian and vehicle traffic, with ample parking.”
- Absentee-Owner Gourmet Pizza & Italian With Loyal Following — “This high-visibility restaurant has long been a destination and neighborhood favorite with locals – it continues to enjoy a following as a gourmet take-out option for pizza and all Italian cuisine favorites. Purchased in 2019 as a decades-old chef-owned establishment, the new owner invested in a complete turn around, nearly doubling sales and converting the business model to absentee ownership. Owner has refrained from applying for PPP or other SBA loans so that new owner might be able to take advantage of those opportunities.”
- Beautiful Hair & Nail Spa for Sale/Price Reduced — “Great opportunity!!! Serious Inquiries only. Beautiful and well established Hair & Nail Spa for Sale in a very busy shopping center. Seller is retiring after many successful years in the business. Beautiful & Very efficiently designed. 6 years old Spa. Established, loyal customers. Reasonable rent & excellent location. 10 Hair stations, 5 Dryers, 3 Shampoo stations, 8 Manicure Tables, 8 Pedicure chairs, 3 Waxing rooms, 2 Facial Rooms, 1 Body scrub. There is plenty of room to expand. Room to grow by improving social media and other marketing and adding massage service.”
- Profitable Nail Salon & Spa — “Beautiful salon built from the ground up that is profitable even during the pandemic of 2020. Showing of the Salon, Business Income Tax figures and Bank Statements through out 2020 will be provided to potential Buyer after Buyer signed the Non-Disclosure form and disclosed to Listing Broker Buyer’s financial ability to buy. Great opportunity to own a turn-key beauty salon with potential for greater profitability in a growing, developing community here in Fairfax County, Virginia.”
- Established Asian Fusion Restaurant in Old Town — “Super Busy main street at Old Town Alexandria. Has been in operation for 18 years, established royal customers. Has huge potential to increase the volume if adding catering business. Business gross sales didn’t get impact by Covid.”
- Coin Laundry/Laundromats — “No Exception, Non-Disclosure must be signed in person meeting, No emailing signing. We can meet at anywhere in Fairfax county to sign NDA with appointment.”
- Pet Grooming Business — “Well-established pet grooming business for sale!”
- Plumbing Company — “Very profitable commercial plumbing company with speciality services and all phases of full service plumbing needs. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to acquire this Well-established Northern Virginia plumbing company, rapidly growing, with a solid client list and repeat business. This high-end company operates in the new build out market as well as the repair and replacement and service markets. Sales have continuously grown over the past 3 years with no signs of stopping.”
- Well Known Deli in Alexandria Part of Fairfax County — “This money making Deli been there 23 years and very well known in town. most busy deli shop around Fairfax Country, Alexandria VA Great location deli and sandwich shop. after 23 years, seller wants to retire. Don’t miss out on this Deli shop.”
- Mexican Restaurant & Bar Can Convert MRB VA 876 — “This Profitable Mexican Restaurant for Sale has been open and operating profitably for eight years. The location is on a high traffic road and surrounded by residential. This is a turnkey situation on a restaurant that has been grossing in excess of $840,000 annually with profits to an absentee owner of $80,000 annually. Nice full service bar. Outdoor Seating!! Great opportunity for a new on hand owner/operator to take this business to the next level. MUST SEE.”
- Taco Place For Sale — “Great location in Alexandria, very favorite Mexican restaurant, nice location, open kitchen with low rent 4800 nnn, 6 days operation.”
- Mexican Restaurant in High Traffic Shopping Center — “Great opportunity to take over an established restaurant in a high traffic shopping center. There is unlimited upside potential with this nicely equipped kitchen and fully built out space. A new owner could keep it as the current Mexican/Latino restaurant format or convert it to a new concept. The restaurant has excellent online reviews and is very popular with locals in Lorton, Fort Belvior, Springfield, and Newington area. This opportunity is priced to sell and it won’t last long!”
- 5 Days Deli in Alexandria Asking $175,000 — “WELL ESTABLISHED 5 DAY DELI SANDWICH SHOP FOR SALE IN ALEXANDRIA VA. RENT $4,500 ( INCLUDE UTILITY, TAX ). FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN. GREATER CASH FLOW BUSINESS; ADD YOUR OWN CONCEPT. ADD DELIVERY, ONLINE ORDERING.”
- Restaurant Bar — “Exceptional opportunity to purchase this turn key restaurant in popular Mt Vernon area of Alexandria. Continue to operate as is or easily change to any concept. 80 seats in plus 25 out. Absentee owner looking for offers; long term lease – 19 years. $11,000 monthly. $1,100,000 yearly sales – asking $225,000.”
- Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar for Sale — “Established Business for Sale. Owner is looking to retire from business. All equipment is owned and in good condition, except the dishwasher is leased. Asking price is negotiable, send your offers!”
Optometry Practices — “Two established Optical/Optometry stores for sale. Both locations have street frontage visibility, are located in upscale parts of town, and have high sales and cash flow.”
- Longstanding Italian Restaurant for Sale — “Purchase this Long-Standing Italian Restaurant for Sale in Alexandria and be ready to go from day one! Tons of loyal customers already in place at this turn-key opportunity. Lending available and you can be approved in just two business days on this his beautifully built-out location with sales of $404,000 and Beer/Wine license in place.”
See more Alexandria listings here.
Enjoy live music and pop up beer garden at the Happy Hour Concert Series starting tonight at 6 p.m.
The Electra America Hospitality Group (EAHG) has filed an application to open a new cafe with outdoor seating at Hotel AKA — an Old Town North Holiday Inn replacement at…
Thoughts of a new home are music to Banjo’s ears. The six-year-old male black-and-white beagle mix learns the most about the world with his nose to the ground, so don’t…
Affordable Housing Opens In Alexandria, Co-Located With Church — “The Waypoint at Fairlington, a new 81-unit affordable housing building, is leased up and preparing for October move-ins.” [Patch] It’s Thursday —…
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
At Nova Fencing Club, the beginner fencing classes are designed for students of all levels – including students who have never fenced before.
If you’re looking for a fun physical activity that improves your fitness, critical thinking and rapid decision making skills then come join us!
There’s no better time than now to give us a try – and take part in one of the fastest growing sports. Our highly educated, professional coaching staff includes Virginia’s only Maitre d’Armes, a member of USA Fencing’s coaching team, former members of the USA National Team, and our Head Coach, who has produced national champions.
Register for either our Youth Beginner Fencing Classes (7-12) or our Teen & Adult Beginner Fencing Classes (13 to Adult) and become a part of the club that champions call home.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and