Del Ray’s annual popularity contest is back, and voting is officially open for the 2021 Heart of Del Ray award.
The annual distinction is sponsored by the Del Ray Business Association, and selecting the business that represents the heart and soul of the community is determined by a vote from neighbors and customers.
The contenders this year are:
- Del Ray Psych and Wellness
- Dolce and Bean
- Rock of Ages Music (ROAM)
- St. Elmos Coffee Pub
- Rosemont Landscaping & Lawn Care
- Stomping Ground
“Selection is based on which business best demonstrates their warm and welcoming attitude to the community and customers; their commitment and generosity to the community; and to their overall contribution to the Del Ray community,” according to DRBA.
Votes can be cast here, and the deadline is noon on Thursday, Feb. 11. The winner will receive a large heart-shaped award the following day, which is Valentine’s Day.
Previous Heart of Del Ray award winners:
- 2020 — Preeti Patel’s 7-Eleven on Mount Vernon Avenue
- 2019 — Taqueria el Poblano
- 2018 — Pork Barrel BBQ
- 2017 — Del Ray Cafe
- 2016 — Caboose Cafe
- 2015 — Mind the Mat Pilates & Yoga
- 2014 — Del Ray Pizzeria
- 2013 — The Greener Cleaner of Del Ray
- 2012 — The Neighborhood Pharmacy of Del Ray
- 2011 — Bobi Bomar, Homes of Alexandria/Compass
- 2010 — Jen Walker, McEnearney Associates
- 2009 — A Show of Hands