(Updated at 3:40 p.m.) An apartment building in the West End filled with smoke Tuesday afternoon as a result of an electrical fire in the basement.
The fire was reported around 2 p.m. at the Foxchase Apartments, on the 100 block of N. Jordan Street, near Duke Street.
Firefighters extinguished the fire, but residents of the 11-unit apartment building will be temporarily displaced as a result of damage to the building’s electrical system. The power to the building has been shut off, a fire department spokeswoman said, and the apartment management company “will work on relocation for the affected occupants.”
A building inspector and the power company have responded to the scene.
Engine and Truck 208 along with surrounding companies arriving with smoke throughout an apartment building in the 100 Block of N Jordan Street. Crews have located an electrical fire on the basement level and are working to extinguish. Battalion 212 has the command.
— IAFF Local 2141 (@IAFFLocal2141) December 17, 2019
Map via Google Maps
Alexandria incumbent Mayor Justin Wilson (D) faced off against challenger Annetta Catchings (R) in a forum hosted by the Seminary Ridge Civic Association (SRCA) earlier this week. Discussion of crime…
Some voters in the 8th District will get an in-person visit from their Congressman in the coming days. Congressman Don Beyer is door-knocking for Virginia’s Democratic gubernatorial candidate former Governor Terry…
The Metro is operating at 40% service after the 7000 series railcars were pulled from service to be inspected for the same defect that recently caused a derailment in Arlington….
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 3 BD/3 BA, 2 half bath waterfront home with 4 gas fireplaces located at 2 Wolfe Street.