In case you haven’t heard, the Washington Nationals are playing the Houston Astros in the World Series tonight at 8 p.m.
You could watch the game at home, but several restaurants and sports bars across Alexandria are offering a variety of specials as they stream the game.
This list is not comprehensive and is comprised mainly of bars that either posted specials on their social media or picked up the phone at 11 a.m.
Pork Barrel BBQ at 2312 Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray has made a game out of its drink specials. Events that occur during the game will correspond to a matching special. According to the restaurant’s Facebook page:
- Nats hit a triple: $1 PBR cans for 10 minutes
- Nats player gets ejected: $2 Jäger shots for 10 minutes
- Trea Turner steals a base: $1 Jack Daniel’s shots for 10 minutes
- Nats relief pitcher uses bullpen cart: $1 tequila shots for 10 minutes
- Juan Soto is hit by a pitch: $2 Jameson shots for 10 minutes
- Baby Shark hits a homerun: a round of beer for the bar.
Elsewhere in Del Ray/Arlandria:
- Charlie’s On the Avenue (1501 Mount Vernon Avenue): $3 lagers during the first inning. Prosecco on draft is $5. Budweiser buckets are four for $16 and six for $20. Pitchers of lager are $16 or a pitcher of an IPA for $20. Chili cheese dogs, nachos, corn dogs, pretzels and caramel popcorn will also be available.
- Hops N Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue): During the first inning, the bar will offer $4 local craft beers, moonshine and bourbon. Throughout the game, wings, tater-tots and hot dogs are $5 with $10 liters of lager.
In Old Town:
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub (713 King Street): Happy hour until the end of the game with $4.50 or $3 for draft beers. Staff said the bar is also going to have chili dogs.
- The Light Horse (715 King Street): “I know we will have food specials tonight,” staff said. “Maybe drink specials, but not sure yet what it will be.”
- Union Street Public House (121 S. Union Street): A special menu with loaded pub fries, wings, bratwurst, as well as select beer cars for $3.
In the West End:
- Shooter McGee’s (5239 Duke Street): Various beers are $3.50, with $3.50 cod bites, mini-burgers, and cheesy curly fries.
- City Kitchen (330 S. Pickett Street): Various shooters are $3, with 20-ounce beers at $5, and bratwurst and burger sliders at $5 and $4 respectively.
Flickr (top) photo by Stephen Yates
The embattled Heritage project came within a hair’s breadth of being denied at the Board of Architectural Review‘s design review last week, and survived only on a last-minute deferral. Many…
A 30-year-old Alexandria woman was arrested last month and charged with making threats and domestic assault and battery against her roommate in the Landmark area. The suspect was booked and…
Moving with your dog(s)? Find tips to help alleviate their (and your) stress on the big day in the latest Ask McEnearney.
Alexandria sprinter Noah Lyles took home the bronze medal in the 200 meters in the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday, August 4. The 24-year-old clocked in at 19.74 seconds, behind silver…