In case you haven’t heard, the Washington Nationals are playing the Houston Astros in the World Series tonight at 8 p.m.
You could watch the game at home, but several restaurants and sports bars across Alexandria are offering a variety of specials as they stream the game.
This list is not comprehensive and is comprised mainly of bars that either posted specials on their social media or picked up the phone at 11 a.m.
Pork Barrel BBQ at 2312 Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray has made a game out of its drink specials. Events that occur during the game will correspond to a matching special. According to the restaurant’s Facebook page:
- Nats hit a triple: $1 PBR cans for 10 minutes
- Nats player gets ejected: $2 Jäger shots for 10 minutes
- Trea Turner steals a base: $1 Jack Daniel’s shots for 10 minutes
- Nats relief pitcher uses bullpen cart: $1 tequila shots for 10 minutes
- Juan Soto is hit by a pitch: $2 Jameson shots for 10 minutes
- Baby Shark hits a homerun: a round of beer for the bar.
Elsewhere in Del Ray/Arlandria:
- Charlie’s On the Avenue (1501 Mount Vernon Avenue): $3 lagers during the first inning. Prosecco on draft is $5. Budweiser buckets are four for $16 and six for $20. Pitchers of lager are $16 or a pitcher of an IPA for $20. Chili cheese dogs, nachos, corn dogs, pretzels and caramel popcorn will also be available.
- Hops N Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue): During the first inning, the bar will offer $4 local craft beers, moonshine and bourbon. Throughout the game, wings, tater-tots and hot dogs are $5 with $10 liters of lager.
In Old Town:
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub (713 King Street): Happy hour until the end of the game with $4.50 or $3 for draft beers. Staff said the bar is also going to have chili dogs.
- The Light Horse (715 King Street): “I know we will have food specials tonight,” staff said. “Maybe drink specials, but not sure yet what it will be.”
- Union Street Public House (121 S. Union Street): A special menu with loaded pub fries, wings, bratwurst, as well as select beer cars for $3.
In the West End:
- Shooter McGee’s (5239 Duke Street): Various beers are $3.50, with $3.50 cod bites, mini-burgers, and cheesy curly fries.
- City Kitchen (330 S. Pickett Street): Various shooters are $3, with 20-ounce beers at $5, and bratwurst and burger sliders at $5 and $4 respectively.
Flickr (top) photo by Stephen Yates
The redevelopment of the Montgomery Center has pushed some businesses out of Alexandria or out of business, but a clever re-use of an old funding authority may help The Art…
Hundreds solemnly gathered outside Police Headquarters this morning to dedicate the Alexandria Police Department Suicide Memorial. The names of officers Jason Kline, who died in 2004, and his best friend,…
Work is finally getting underway next week on a complete overhaul of the busy King/Callahan/Russell intersection. Work is expected to start the first week of October. Drivers going through the…
Step inside a cult-classic inspired world at DC Fray’s can’t-miss Halloween party packed with endless references to iconic films and music from the ‘80s and ‘90s. Vibe to retro sounds…
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
Our local therapy practice is delighted to welcome Stacey Cali, Resident in Counseling, who has openings now for new clients. Stacey specializes in therapy for women, couples, teens and families. A graduate of George Mason University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters Program, Stacey is also passionate about working with people with addiction.
Stacey’s approach: “Therapy’s a powerful combination of reflection, support and action. You’ll find sessions are filled with empowerment, compassion, goal setting and a metaphorical shovel to dig deep to find the root of your difficulties and how to move past them.”
Adds Stacey, “As a therapist who works with women, teens, couples and families, I use a personalized style of counseling, tailored to you as an individual. You’re the expert in your life, I’m just here to guide you towards transformation and healing.”