In case you haven’t heard, the Washington Nationals are playing the Houston Astros in the World Series tonight at 8 p.m.
You could watch the game at home, but several restaurants and sports bars across Alexandria are offering a variety of specials as they stream the game.
This list is not comprehensive and is comprised mainly of bars that either posted specials on their social media or picked up the phone at 11 a.m.
Pork Barrel BBQ at 2312 Mount Vernon Avenue in Del Ray has made a game out of its drink specials. Events that occur during the game will correspond to a matching special. According to the restaurant’s Facebook page:
- Nats hit a triple: $1 PBR cans for 10 minutes
- Nats player gets ejected: $2 Jäger shots for 10 minutes
- Trea Turner steals a base: $1 Jack Daniel’s shots for 10 minutes
- Nats relief pitcher uses bullpen cart: $1 tequila shots for 10 minutes
- Juan Soto is hit by a pitch: $2 Jameson shots for 10 minutes
- Baby Shark hits a homerun: a round of beer for the bar.
Elsewhere in Del Ray/Arlandria:
- Charlie’s On the Avenue (1501 Mount Vernon Avenue): $3 lagers during the first inning. Prosecco on draft is $5. Budweiser buckets are four for $16 and six for $20. Pitchers of lager are $16 or a pitcher of an IPA for $20. Chili cheese dogs, nachos, corn dogs, pretzels and caramel popcorn will also be available.
- Hops N Shine (3410 Mount Vernon Avenue): During the first inning, the bar will offer $4 local craft beers, moonshine and bourbon. Throughout the game, wings, tater-tots and hot dogs are $5 with $10 liters of lager.
In Old Town:
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub (713 King Street): Happy hour until the end of the game with $4.50 or $3 for draft beers. Staff said the bar is also going to have chili dogs.
- The Light Horse (715 King Street): “I know we will have food specials tonight,” staff said. “Maybe drink specials, but not sure yet what it will be.”
- Union Street Public House (121 S. Union Street): A special menu with loaded pub fries, wings, bratwurst, as well as select beer cars for $3.
In the West End:
- Shooter McGee’s (5239 Duke Street): Various beers are $3.50, with $3.50 cod bites, mini-burgers, and cheesy curly fries.
- City Kitchen (330 S. Pickett Street): Various shooters are $3, with 20-ounce beers at $5, and bratwurst and burger sliders at $5 and $4 respectively.
Flickr (top) photo by Stephen Yates
A 27-year-old Maryland man has been charged with robbing two separate Alexandria banks in March and April. Jaquan Royal, of Prince George’s County, was arrested on May 24 in connection…
It’s been another busy week in Alexandria as the city heads into Memorial Day weekend. For those driving this weekend, be aware that some of the major roads are likely…
Virginia’s junior U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine was in Alexandria today to discuss early childhood education and said that the current debt ceiling fight in Washington should be wrapped up by…
It might take some time, but Alexandria City Public Schools has opened the door to collective bargaining with its employees. On Thursday, the School Board conducted its first work session…
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
Time flies when you’re having fun! The T.C. Williams High School Class of 1973 will hold its 50th reunion July 21-23, 2023 in Alexandria. All graduates and their adult nears and dears are welcome. Events include a Friday evening icebreaker, Saturday dinner dance, and a Sunday brunch. For more information: tcwilliams73.com, 770.789.3534.
Spring Fling at Rising Sol Yoga School
Join us for a day of FREE hot yoga. Experience our class styles and meet our teachers. Buy a bite at the Bake Sale to benefit The Carpenter’s Shelter, peruse some special vendors, take advantage of in-person only discounts on