News

Four people displaced after house fire in Arlandria

Four people were displaced in a fire in the 3700 block of Mark Drive on Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022. (staff photo by James Cullum)

Four people were displaced by an Arlandria house fire that started with a space heater.

The fire occurred at around midnight (Saturday morning) in a row house in the 3700 block of Mark Drive, according to the Alexandria Fire Department (AFD).

AFD said the incident was accidental; caused by a space heater that came into contact with combustibles.

No one was injured. Four people have been displaced and received assistance from Red Cross for alternate lodging.