Country Music Hall of Famer Marty Stuart will play The Birchmere on Halloween night, and the celebrated music hall in the city’s Arlandria neighborhood has a full slate of performances all this month.
Stuart, who started his career playing with Johnny Cash’s road band, will play at 7:30 p.m. on October 31.
There are a number of other well known artists performing throughout the month.
The full schedule is below.
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: Raul Malo
- Friday, Oct. 9: Start Making Sense (Talking Heads Tribute)
- Saturday, Oct. 10: John Kadlecik (Solo Acousti’Lectric)
- Sunday, Oct. 11: Eclipse: The Ultimate Journey Tribute
- Friday, Oct. 16: Double Vision – The Foreigner Experience
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Huggy Lowdown with Chris Paul and Friends
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: Samantha Fish
- Thursday, Oct. 22: Drew Lynch
- Friday, Oct. 23: Drew Lynch
- Saturday, Oct. 24: Free Flowing Musical Experience
- Sunday, Oct. 25: Tom Paxton and The DonJuans & John McCutcheon
- Monday, Oct. 26: The Allman Betts Band
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: The Allman Betts Band
- Wednesday, Oct. 28: The Wild Feathers
- Friday, Oct. 30: An Intimate Evening With Marty Stuart
- Saturday, Oct. 31: An Intimate Evening With Marty Stuart
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. As teachers fought for a pay raise, Alexandria City High School (ACHS) students walked out of the classrooms in protest against Alexandria City…
(Updated 2:30 p.m.) The recently formed Alexandria Minority Business Association (AMBA) shared frustrations about a lawsuit putting a planned grant program on hold. The City of Alexandria approved a grant…
Yesterday, the tourism bureau Visit Alexandria presented a new logo to be used in marketing for the city. Reception online was mixed. The logo features the city’s name in lowercase…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! 🌤 Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 42 and low of 33. ⛅ Tomorrow: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 52 and low…
Bespoke women’s clothing designer, A.Oei Studio, is opening a fashion pop-up in Old Town Alexandria.
From Feb 2nd – March 29th, shop contemporary ready-to-wear pieces, view unique textile selections, and schedule a fitting for custom-made dresses, bridal and qipao.
Handcrafted in D.C., A.Oei Studio aims to offer an alternative vision of fashion – one that is centered around sustainability, artistry and personalized services.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]