Country Music Hall of Famer Marty Stuart will play The Birchmere on Halloween night, and the celebrated music hall in the city’s Arlandria neighborhood has a full slate of performances all this month.
Stuart, who started his career playing with Johnny Cash’s road band, will play at 7:30 p.m. on October 31.
There are a number of other well known artists performing throughout the month.
The full schedule is below.
- Wednesday, Oct. 7: Raul Malo
- Friday, Oct. 9: Start Making Sense (Talking Heads Tribute)
- Saturday, Oct. 10: John Kadlecik (Solo Acousti’Lectric)
- Sunday, Oct. 11: Eclipse: The Ultimate Journey Tribute
- Friday, Oct. 16: Double Vision – The Foreigner Experience
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Huggy Lowdown with Chris Paul and Friends
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: Samantha Fish
- Thursday, Oct. 22: Drew Lynch
- Friday, Oct. 23: Drew Lynch
- Saturday, Oct. 24: Free Flowing Musical Experience
- Sunday, Oct. 25: Tom Paxton and The DonJuans & John McCutcheon
- Monday, Oct. 26: The Allman Betts Band
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: The Allman Betts Band
- Wednesday, Oct. 28: The Wild Feathers
- Friday, Oct. 30: An Intimate Evening With Marty Stuart
- Saturday, Oct. 31: An Intimate Evening With Marty Stuart
Alexandria City Public Schools is has a “crew” problem — organized groups of kids that are participating in criminal behavior, according to Police Chief Don Hayes. If the description sounds…
A new report, prepared for a City Council meeting tomorrow (Wednesday), looks back at the progress made on several priorities adopted earlier this year, from pandemic recovery to housing. The…
(Updated 3:45 p.m.) After all the fuss over its creation, the Alexandria Independent Community Policing Review Board has seemingly had a pretty quiet first full year since its creation. The…
Inova has major plans for the former Lanadmark Mall site, and will conduct its second virtual community meeting on Monday, October 17. The timeline for the project is still subject…
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
At Nova Fencing Club, the beginner fencing classes are designed for students of all levels – including students who have never fenced before.
If you’re looking for a fun physical activity that improves your fitness, critical thinking and rapid decision making skills then come join us!
There’s no better time than now to give us a try – and take part in one of the fastest growing sports. Our highly educated, professional coaching staff includes Virginia’s only Maitre d’Armes, a member of USA Fencing’s coaching team, former members of the USA National Team, and our Head Coach, who has produced national champions.
Register for either our Youth Beginner Fencing Classes (7-12) or our Teen & Adult Beginner Fencing Classes (13 to Adult) and become a part of the club that champions call home.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and